Hi all

Newbie to this board, I passed class two in 2000 and class one in 2015, not done much driving since, just the odd days here and there.

So I started looking for work last week, so far I’ve been offered weekend shifts at breezemount driving a 7.5 with a mate for 11 quid an hour. I read the reviews on indeed about them and 56/62 bad reviews don’t bode well, leaning on the driver to go over hours and overloading the truck. Needless to say I doubt that I’ll be doing that one.

Another offer was doing vehicle movements from a local car auction for 11 an hour class two. Apparently you don’t drive over hours but getting back, public transport and hitching can put you well over hours. I was told that it can be 20 hour days!

And the last one is a night shift class two job, sounds really good but I am having a problem with driving references over the last two years as I have only done a few days here and there.

Well that’s me, and advice welcome and hello to all :slight_smile:

getting back, public transport and hitching can put you well over hours. I was told that it can be 20 hour days!

Absolutely illegal. You must have your daily rest (full or reduced) contained with the 24hr period from the start of your shift.

IMO, I would concentrate on getting references for the night job. That’s your best bet so far.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Peter Smythe, I did believe that to be the case.

I don’t know what you are looking for obviously but there are much better jobs out there than any of the three you have mentioned.

If you specify location etc and the type of work you are looking for, people may be able to point you in the right direction