Boss telling to remove card

So after work in my company for 2 years. My manager starting to get very nasty with me as I wasn’t able to make a delivery.

Apparently I’m to remove my taco card on my breaks to let someone else use the truck to be loaded. This isn’t on private ground & the individual being asked to move the lorry for loading doesn’t even have a licence. Surely that would invalidate the insurance should they have an accident. Not to mention myself getting in to trouble for constantly removing my taco card and I should be having a break.

What’s your thoughts please?

Cheers Andy

3 words FIND ANOTHER JOB !

blue estate:

Excellent I handed in my notice a week ago

Wouldn’t it cause a problem with the double manning law? Not to mention that someone with no licence is in charge of the vehicle?

If it was private property then its not an issue, but on public land I’d be tempted to make an anonymous tip off, right after I’d handed my notice in [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Nighthawk.:

blue estate:

Good for you as to many new drivers have no balls :unamused: But you’ve got 2 years under yer belt now and still got your balls :smiley:
Dont be afriad to stand your ground

blue estate:

Nighthawk.:

blue estate:

Good for you as to many new drivers have no balls :unamused: But you’ve got 2 years under yer belt now and still got your balls :smiley:
Dont be afriad to stand your ground

Thank you. Yes, as soon as he started talking about removing cards etc. I thought time to leg it. Just wish I could warn others.

stuwozere1:
Wouldn’t it cause a problem with the double manning law? Not to mention that someone with no licence is in charge of the vehicle?

If it was private property then its not an issue, but on public land I’d be tempted to make an anonymous tip off, right after I’d handed my notice in [emoji106]

Who would you ‘tip off’ ?

Nighthawk.:

stuwozere1:

Who would you ‘tip off’ ?

I’m sure VOSA would be interested in the bosses demands

DVSA
00 44 300 123 9000

Grumpy Dad:
DVSA
00 44 300 123 9000

Thank you :smiley:

stuwozere1:

I‘m thinking the DVSA would also ask why Driver A always removes his card during shifts, books a break and the vehicle moves without a card in.

All the truck movements with no card in would show up on the head unit in the cab,if your boss is telling you to do it,more than likely your not the only 1.
The head unit info could make interesting reading for someone

What would have likely happened if you stated, you’d just get degraded and belittled at every opportunity?

dont do it if you do it once he will expect it all the time as sed before tell him to do one and find another job quickly

It’s pretty simple, do exactly as he asked. Remove the card, then get in your car and remove yourself

johnteller:
It’s pretty simple, do exactly as he asked. Remove the card, then get in your car and remove yourself

^^^ This

There is nothing illegal about removing your card during the day. Just make a manual entry when you get back in to show your break

With regards though to a non licenced driver, that is a poor show and downright dangerous.

Lots of decent companies out there…good luck.

Road2ruin:
There is nothing illegal about removing your card during the day. Just make a manual entry when you get back in to show your break

With regards though to a non licenced driver, that is a poor show and downright dangerous.

Lots of decent companies out there…good luck.

I worked for a supermarket and when I rolled in I would dump the truck in the yard take my card out and go get another full truck.
While this was happening there was no doubt a shunter with no hgv licence putting my first truck on the bay.

you do not have to take your break in the cab or even have your card in while having your break.
It shouldn’t matter to you if the shunter has a valid hgv license or not. Some companies demand it but most small ones don’t.
Way I see it your boss is doing nothing wrong.

Edit
Are you on about 2 man delivery and the boss is asking the drivers mate to take over while you have your break?