Want to get my Class 1!

rsg1234567:
Sorry to learn of your bad luck…but I question your training school to be honest, you were just not ready. Everything has to flow naturally during training or else the pressure of the test can just simply be too much for aNY person to handle. The advice of putting in you in for the test after two weeks out the cab was simply wrong in my book and also setting you up to fail. So don’t beat yourself up, worse,case scenario, just hire the biggest 7.5 tonner box van from a hire firm and run round the test route yourself the day before. Will boost your confidence no end and be much cheaper I bet.

Don’t give up, you will get there…and it is worth it.

Having 2 and a half weeks out of the cab and no practice before the test definitely didn’t help I agree… I think it should be offered if you have a gap between training and the test. The worst thing is failing again has knocked my confidence… especially on the reverse, I nailed it the first time… just this time I forgot the setup of the cones and how much steer to put on. :confused:

I can book a retest with an hour practice before, but it’s not until the beginning of July, so at least 4 weeks… perhaps locally I can book it sooner, but different roads/test routes. Just trying to decide what to do. Might sound stupid but I’m taking it pretty hard on myself for screwing up twice… perhaps because I’m £2k down at this point and not much closer to getting my licence.

Anyway thanks for your post and encouragement!