Started first class 1 job

Well…just completed my 2nd day driving my class 1 tipper.
Its been a hell of a 2 days. Sooooo much to learn, my brain is saturated.
The real world of driving is certainly an eye opener.

Im not as confident at reversing as I was when I was learning to drive. Its nothing like reversing round a cone and into a bay. Its quite knocked my confidence but im persevering and hopefully it’ll come to me.

I know the job is easy when you know how but this is one he’ll of a culture shock when I’ve just given up being a chef for this life.

The quarries are quite a thing. Very struck on H&S etc. Going to do my mpqc course on Friday to get my EPIC card. Then theres another card for tarmac too. Need a 2nd wallet lol.

Hopefully when I get a couple of days out by myself under my belt I’ll feel a little more confident and start to enjoy it more.

So are you working for a Tarmac core fleet haulier?

You’ll soon be a trucking God. I guess the first week in a kitchen was a learning curve. Good luck!

adamski90:

Alfred Hymas

Jasesonix:

adamski90:

Alfred Hymas

Ah ok, hear they’re a decent outfit.
Why then do you need the Tarmac “one card”?

adamski90:

Jasesonix:

adamski90:

Alfred Hymas

Because Hymas has contract with them.

Jasesonix:

adamski90:

Jasesonix:

adamski90:

Alfred Hymas

Ok, didn’t realise contractors needed one thought it was franchised hauliers & drivers only.
Anyway good luck with it all and try to enjoy the steep learning curve & any Tarmac related questions dont hesitate to ask.

Jasesonix:

adamski90:
Ok, didn’t realise contractors needed one thought it was franchised hauliers & drivers only.
Anyway good luck with it all and try to enjoy the steep learning curve & any Tarmac related questions dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers mate