Hope to sit my class C in May nr Tamworth, recommendations?

Hi again everyone. I’m currently a class D PCV driver and have been for 11 years now. For my sanity (dealing with pensioners for 10 hours a day has a way of grinding you down), I’m looking at booking somewhere in May to sit my Class C and get a start in the trucking business.

I have 2 parts of my theory booked for next week (multiple choice and hazard perception) and will book my case studies when I pass the first two parts, so I’m hoping I’ll be able to get a better deal when I book somewhere to get me through my practical as they wont need to faff around with the theory side of things.

I’m currently living in Tamworth so does anybody here have any recommendations for companies that I can book for my training? I don’t mind travelling but I would prefer somewhere a little closer to home ideally. Thanks guys.

We’re just over an hour from you which is, maybe, why we have a continuous flow of folks from your area, Birmingham and surrounding areas.

To reduce travel, compress the training into 3 days with the test on day 3. Popular route.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Okay, so what could you quote me for the 3 days? Also, quick question, as I have 7 calendar days to play with here, would it be feasible to perhaps do the C in 3 days and then do the C+E in the remaining 4? (I assume there’s no paper tests to be taken when sitting your +E?)
edit
(Okay, just read through your site and I see that’s not an option :blush: )

Wildarmtins:
Okay, so what could you quote me for the 3 days? Also, quick question, as I have 7 calendar days to play with here, would it be feasible to perhaps do the C in 3 days and then do the C+E in the remaining 4? (I assume there’s no paper tests to be taken when sitting your +E?)
edit
(Okay, just read through your site and I see that’s not an option :blush: )

You would need to do C in 3 days then, after your licence comes back from DVLA, do the CE over another 3 days

You would need to do C in 3 days then, after your licence comes back from DVLA, do the CE over another 3 days

As normal, ROG is correct!

No matter what you see advertised, it is physically impossible to run “back to back”. The licence has to be upgraded by DVLA. This often takes nearly 2 weeks, DVLA say to expect 3 weeks. Our experience leads us to recommend a 4 week break between courses.

btw, the 3 days could include the weekend if this helps (subject to availability).

CAT C £1260, MOD 4 £270, CAT CE £1395. But keep your eyes peeled for offers and you may well save a bundle!

All prices fully inclusive of training, test fees, vehicles for test, VAT.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing: