Sat Nav?

adam277:
Use a phone and save yourself a ton of money.
Copilot is a cheap app. Google maps is free.

I drive everything, from 7.5t to 44t. I also go all over the place including London and I’ve yet to have any issues.

That being said if your the type of guy that is 100% reliant on a sat nav then this may not be applicable.

brianchalkyshaw:
And hit a bridge buy a truck sat nav once and youll keep your job, google doesnt know what height or lenght or width your truck is.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

adam277:
[emoji38]
Your right Google doesnt but thankfully I do. [emoji38]

brianchalkyshaw:
For someone whos starting out its not a clever move, one less thing to worry about and one less stressor in my view. A tom tom trucker will pay for itself in 3 days of work if your on anyway decent money. I think if your planning on being in this game for while you need the right tools one of them being a truck sat nav (especially for Europe work) Google wont work abroad.

Google is good as a backup for street views when Im trying to find a place to park but thats all I use it for.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yep. Going cheap car satnav or just Google Maps is not a sensible idea imho.
I know I’m only driving a puddle jumper in and around London but there’s a LOT of railway bridges to be avoided on a daily basis. My Tom Tom Trucker does that for me.
When I go out and someone else is driving it’s funny to watch them swear and start losing the plot as they come up against yet ANOTHER low bridge. And I have been with a driver who, on a regular basis, takes routes through width restrictions that he really shouldn’t. There has been some metal being bent and plastic squashed. Hourly paid, I tell em, hourly paid, take your time finding a new route, it doesn’t matter :slight_smile: