New pass and existing driver opinions

Passed my Class 2 practical test last Friday and completed 5 days of CPC this week.

Could have done different rules as my driving licence is pre 1997 but landed on a full CPC from Tuesday of this week.
Week day courses were no more than 8 in attendance but today (my last) was full due September deadline for CPC.

Most drivers I spoke to this week were encouraging, helpful, and helped manage my early days expectations (which are realistic anyway). Some folk were nastily negative, telling me I will hate it (the actual words were way stronger but you can use your imagination). Some absolute vitriol but that can be true of any industry you’ve grown tired of. Took comfort from the number of drivers who were happy this is their final CPC training because they will have retired in the next 5 years.

I know I might get some bad companies early days but I’ll cut my teeth and figure it out I hope. I could have easily been disheartened listening to some people but I’ll focus on the guys and girls who says it can be broadly positive and rewarding. Got to give at a go is my take on things.

From starting my driving training to completing my CPC has taken consecutive 11 days in total. If you’re wondering whether to take the plunge I say go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk