Rest

Very quick one. Just want to confirm if I am right or not. I am currently on rest days will be 72 hours plus in total.

Next week I will need to take a reduced weekly rest 24 hours plus. My question is can I use a previous week’s over rest to compensate the short rest the week after. I believe I can’t and will need to take it the end of the following week. All my previous week’s have been over 45 hours. This will be my first reduced weekly rest in the last two months.

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hello.

You are correct the compensation can not be taken in advance.

You will have longer than you think to compensate. The reduction has to be compensated for by an equivalent continuous rest period before the end of the The third week following the reduced week and has to attached to a rest period of at least 9 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glabrate:
Hello.

You are correct the compensation can not be taken in advance.

You will have longer than you think to compensate. The reduction has to be compensated for by an equivalent continuous rest period before the end of the The third week following the reduced week and has to attached to a rest period of at least 9 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for that just having a mad moment.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Did my 5th CPC course of the week today as a new pass. Topic was drivers hours and tachographs. Bar me, all existing drivers on the course. Drivers hours and rest periods knowledge was generally quite poor in many cases. One driver had been told to work 2 back to back 56 hour fixed weeks and then compensate in Week 3. Company policy apparently although wrong. Similar result with multi-manning rules for someone else.

Basically it came across that you can’t always trust your company so all the more reason to ask the question I feel. I’ve not driven professionally in a truck yet as I now need to get all my cards etc but the one thing I will keep on top when I do is my driving hours and rest periods. If in doubt, I’ll ask

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danbabirecki:
Did my 5th CPC course of the week today as a new pass. Topic was drivers hours and tachographs. Bar me, all existing drivers on the course. Drivers hours and rest periods knowledge was generally quite poor in many cases. One driver had been told to work 2 back to back 56 hour fixed weeks and then compensate in Week 3. Company policy apparently although wrong. Similar result with multi-manning rules for someone else.

Basically it came across that you can’t always trust your company so all the more reason to ask the question I feel. I’ve not driven professionally in a truck yet as I now need to get all my cards etc but the one thing I will keep on top when I do is my driving hours and rest periods. If in doubt, I’ll ask

Not entirely sure what you mean but nothing wrong with working 2 x 56 hr weeks on the trot as long as there’s a weekly rest in the middle.

danbabirecki:
Basically it came across that you can’t always trust your company

:smiley: My last employer: “Bring the other truck round from next door” ie the ‘sister’ plant adjoining our plant, this requires driving on public roads for about 400 metres. I couldn’t put the truck on the weighbridge because there was already a vehicle parked on it and the driver had gone walkabout. Driving out the gates I could tell something wasn’t right, the suspension felt very odd. Back at “our” plant I drove the 32 tonner onto the weighbridge, it read 46000kg :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

When I spoke to the gaffer later his attitude was “What’s the problem? The truck can take the weight fine.” He was utterly unconcerned (or unaware) that it is not just the driver who gets done for being overloaded but the company too. :unamused:

Zac_A:

danbabirecki:
Basically it came across that you can’t always trust your company

:smiley: My last employer: “Bring the other truck round from next door” ie the ‘sister’ plant adjoining our plant, this requires driving on public roads for about 400 metres. I couldn’t put the truck on the weighbridge because there was already a vehicle parked on it and the driver had gone walkabout. Driving out the gates I could tell something wasn’t right, the suspension felt very odd. Back at “our” plant I drove the 32 tonner onto the weighbridge, it read 46000kg :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

When I spoke to the gaffer later his attitude was “What’s the problem? The truck can take the weight fine.” He was utterly unconcerned (or unaware) that it is not just the driver who gets done for being overloaded but the company too. :unamused:

Its a 32 tonner which means it can be LOADED with 32 tonnes … yeh right :unamused:

Sorry. I was referring to driving hours, not working hours. My mistake. Plus was thinking back to back fixed weekly hours. I see what you’re are saying