Tacho question

tachograph:
Assuming that you did some driving before the 15 minute breaks only one of them will count as a driving break regardless of what the tachograph says.

The original digital tachographs counted all 15 minute breaks as driving breaks, I’ve never actually tried it but I think you’ll find this was corrected with later models.

xichrisxi:
you are bound by the drive time break requirements either way so taking extra 15 minute breaks won’t achieve much,Max you’d need to take is 2 x 15 minutes which would cover you upto 9 hours then you’d have to take 30 mins to reset your driving time even if it wasn’t reached at that point.

Why would the OP need to take a 30 minute break at 9 hours even if he doesn’t need to have a driving break :confused: :confused:

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding what’s being said but there’s no requirement to have a 30 minute break at 9 hours working time

There’s a requirement to have another 15 mins break if you are working over 9hrs so to not take 30 mins instead to reset driving time would be a bit silly,obviously unless you know for sure that you won’t reach 4h30 driving before the shift finishes…just saves stopping again for half an hour if you hit traffic or a diversion.