First HGV Driving Job Tomorrow

Well after driving a desk for nearly 2 years (was only supposed to be 12 months) I finally have my 1st driving gig tomorrow.
It’s agency but it’s a start, passed my class C 23 months ago & couldn’t get a sniff of work driving so I took a temp job (Maternity cover) in an office & my contract kept being extended.
Last week I’d had enough (there is a limit as to how long you can listen to 7 female colleagues witter on) & handed my notice in on Friday, this week I could have started driving work on Tuesday but I had a job interview to go to so couldn’t.
Just goes to show that for some as long as you have had your license for a while they don’t care if you have been driving or not.

Good luck mate I also start my first shift tomo class 1 night shift. :smiley:

Good luck, slow and steady wins the race. Let us know how u get on.

Good luck. Hope its all you want it to be. I start my first hgv job a week on Monday. Class 1 bulk tipper.

Hi mate best of luck! I have just completed my second week with agency!

From my experience don’t panic! just keep calm and take your time (regardless what the office says) because as a transport manager said to me "the main thing is, you get all your deliveries off, get home safe, and truck isn’t damaged doesn’t matter about time to start with!

I was ■■■■■■■■ myself ahead of my first shift! Would I be able to handle it alone??
Would I crash?? Would I be late?? What if I get lost?? All just what if’s and would be’s. Just take it easy and in your own time and you will be fine mate! Toot tooot

Great advice for us new folk. It’s daunting but everyone has been in the same boat at the start. I’ve got it all to come as soon as my cards come back. Been a frantic couple of weeks. Good to hear you have a good TM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope your first day went well!

I start my first ever driving job tomorrow morning after passing my class c a couple weeks ago. I am feeling a little nervous but i have experienced the nerves before a new job in various roles in the past, only natural! I will be glad when i have a week or two driving under my belt but we all have to start somewhere! I was nervous before my training and test but that all went well. I am sure there will be the odd mistake, taking a wrong turning etc but in a whole i am happy to get going and build up experience.

All the best!

I passed my Class 2 3 week ago still waiting on my cards!!! Will be dong agency work because companies dont want to know unless u have 1-2 year experience. Good luck in Your new Job…

lessan:
I passed my Class 2 3 week ago …

:smiley: :smiley: