Should I do it or not?!

Peter Smythe:
I always wonder why those drivers who apparently hate the job so much continue doing it. Drivers are not dim so why not train to do something else? I would not get out of bed to do a job I didn’t enjoy.

My comment to OP: if you look at the rules you’ll notice that the licence for LGV or PCV comes under the heading of “vocational”. This means it’s not just a job. It’s almost a calling. If you really want to drive trucks there’s no finer way of earning a living - and a decent one at that. As already mentioned, there is bad work out there with the similar standard of employer. But there’s a growing number of much more professional set ups.

No-one should go into driving as a last resort or because they cant think of anything else. Your own enthusiasm will colour your perception of the work you’re doing.

Whatever you decide, all the very best with it. If you decide to go for it, take a good look at our offers and the Darren Shaw offer at the top of the threads.

Any more info needed, just post on here, send me a pm or call the office 01623 555661.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

You are quite correct Pete, drivers are not dim, but they get used to earning £25k-£35k and it is very difficult indeed to get another unskilled (let’s face it truck driving is NOT a professional occupation) job.

I have been driving wagons for 5 years now and had many different employers. I’ve pulled fridges, flats, curtains, containers etc, and it’s all as equally crap as each other! I would advise anyone who is thinking " Should I be a truck driver? " to do SOMETHING ELSE.

It’s rubbish. No facilities, long hours and treated like crap off nearly everyone.