First shift advice?

Hey guys, well I guess I got kind of lucky and after just a month since I passed I have a start at a national transport company on class 2.

I technically don’t have a start date with the company just yet to be confirmed Monday or Tuesday but the weird bit is an agency I have signed up to want me to go for two shifts at this company doing the job I will be doing!! So it is really important I don’t [zb] up as it is good money and a good company to work for by all accounts.

So I was looking for some advice and maybe some insight into what you guys done and precautions you made in your first day?? Thanks… Toot Toot

Clean hi Vis and boots. Take gloves, your agency for the minute so need your own even if they will provide once you start on the books.

Take your time and be through. Ask any other drivers you see about what to do.

Important note does the company know? Some agencies have agreements that companies can’t take their drivers without paying a fee. Might cause problems with you starting directly so I suggest a call to the company to check.

Just take your time. There will be a million things going through your head.
Do your checks, if you think the load needs strapped- strap it.
Try not to let others rush you.

Best of luck . You will be fine [emoji106]

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

kcrussell25:
Clean hi Vis and boots. Take gloves, your agency for the minute so need your own even if they will provide once you start on the books.

Take your time and be through. Ask any other drivers you see about what to do.

Important note does the company know? Some agencies have agreements that companies can’t take their drivers without paying a fee. Might cause problems with you starting directly so I suggest a call to the company to check.

Thanks! Yeah I have got PPE ready to go, need to get gloves I never thought about them!.

Yeah I said to the agency when I registered that I had an interview that same day at this company and not to put me there! But they called and asked me to go and they phoned the company and said it was okay for me to go there and there wouldn’t be any kind of red tape! I think it’s a bit surreal that the first agency job I get is doing the job which I applied and was successful with!! :astonished: toot toot

DF40:
Just take your time. There will be a million things going through your head.
Do your checks, if you think the load needs strapped- strap it.
Try not to let others rush you.

Best of luck . You will be fine [emoji106]

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Thanks yeah I don’t want to start panicking and start rushing as any mistakes are bound to affect my full time position! I will try mate thanks! Toot toot