Thinking of a career change

Hi all, I do apologise in advance for something that has most probably been asked 1000 or more times already, I have looked but it’s nice to get advice for my own personal situation.

Basically I think I’ve had ebough of my current career. I’m a car sprayer for the last 8 years or so, earning a pretty good wage (34k a year), but have just had ebough of the day to day hurdles and stress that comes with working in a fast paced bodyshop, which is the only way to earn a decent wage in this trade. I’ve thought about becoming a lorry driver for a few years now, and nearly got the ball rolling a year ago, but got offered a new job with a better wage than what I was on, so thought I’d give it a ■■■■ to see if I could get the passion back. I’ve come to realise I think it’s gone for good.

I’d just like to know a few things before I part with hard earned cash. My long term goal is to follow in my father’s footsteps, and drive artics for Royal mail, he loves his job and gets paid very well for it in return.

Just wondering a few things. Firstly, how long a road would it be to earn a comfortable wage? I understand the best way to gain experience is through starting out with an agency (this is also how my father started), but I can’t and don’t really want to drop a huge amount of money to gain this experience (I do understand that this sounds like something everybody would want in an ideal world). Also I have a family with 3 young children, and a missis who works, I’m currently doing the school drop off at 7.45am, and she does the pick up from school until I finish at 6pm. Would many agencies offer work woth these sort of hours, or would they be really unsociable hours to start with?

Many thanks in advance for any advice