Pass rates with training companies

As title suggests. I have seen a few people mention training companies and certain places having a good pass rate etc. What is the easiest way to find out pass rates of companies?

JASCAMBS:
As title suggests. I have seen a few people mention training companies and certain places having a good pass rate etc. What is the easiest way to find out pass rates of companies?

If you have a few training companies you are thinking of using then just email them to ask. Perhaps look at their website & facebook pages for reviews etc. Also having an assessment drive with them is a good idea, helps you get a feel for that company & instructor before you make a decision.

For the best part, it’s not possible. Pass rates are published by DSVA by test centre. So any trainer using a test centre apart from one they have on their own site is contributing to the overall rate. So they may have 98% pass rate but if other centre users have only 25% then the overall will not look good.

Even when checking trainers with their own site, you have no way of knowing how many of the passes are first time, second, third, fourth - - you get the picture!

It would be good to think that trainers will give you a genuine answer to a simple question. The hard fact is that there is an enormous amount of romancing and, shall we say, poetic licence in the answer. I know of a trainer in Essex who is a laughing stock at the test centre and an embarrassment to the training industry. But he advertises “the highest pass rate in the UK”. Quite simply, downright lie.

Book on reputation and rock solid recommendation.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter as usual offers very good advice on that old chestnut of pass rates.
However be very wary of any trainer who does not give a decent answer to the question of pass rates.
Some candidates pass 1st time, others on their 2nd or 3rd attempts and quite a few give up trying.
In many cases this is due to poor training, old vehicles and insufficient practice of the core skills.
When I was employed as a driver trainer for Scania I used to show prospective customers a wall in my office full of ‘clear round’ driving test reports. Unfortunately there are many instructors out there who have never had a ‘clear round’ and do not care about quality training or repeat business.

The DVSA pass rates for customer sites are generally a lot higher than DVSA ‘public sites’.
With most training companies now having decent vehicles with auto boxes it is now a lot easier to pass the test.
So if you are looking for the best chance then visit several training providers and for the best result choose one that uses auto boxes and has its own test centre.

2016: 52, 2017: 45, 2018: 62 clean sheets. But, of course, the cynics will point out that these aren’t necessarily first time passes quickly followed by “a pass is a pass”. But I think it’s a fair indication as to the standard of training. To ensure the pass, as far as possible, we offer a genuine Pass Protection for just £300. This covers the use of the vehicle for 3 retests and also 3 driving test fees. Having taken the financial pressure off the test, great results often follow.

Sadly, few folks make any enquiry except “how much?”. And much as I completely realise that cost is an important factor I do wish folks would pay more attention to quality and reputation before booking. Anyone unsure about this should come and sit by the coffee machine in our reception and, at some point during the day, someone will come in moaning about how they’ve been treated at XYZ driving school and how they wish they’d come to us to start with.

I’ve spent the last 35 years building a driving school that has broken the mould many times and raised the bar in the industry. Continual investment has led to a purpose built training centre, some of the highest qualified instructors in the industry, one of the newest fleets and a fantastic learning environment. Everything to make the candidate’s experience as pleasant and straightforward as it can be has been firmly put in place.

As always, visits are welcome. Come and see why we may be (I emphasise “may”) a bit more expensive than some. No appointment necessary, just turn up. Coffee and a tour guaranteed.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers guys, that has explained a lot. I just thought it strange reading current and older posts, the amount of people that have mentioned where they trained had a good pass rate when it is not readily available

I didn’t even ask the pass rate with the school I chose. Got a good feeling from speaking to them upfront. They were happy to take a modest deposit. Started my tuition on Monday of this week and could tell my instructors style worked for me. Passed my Class 2 test this afternoon at first time of asking. You will know quickly if it’s the school and instructor for you. My guy was very quiet for large parts of my lessons but the input he did give was great. Basically, if he was quiet, he was happy. Go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk