Managing annual leave with agency work?

I must’ve worked for close to 10 different agencies since the start of last year. I’ve only taken a few day’s leave, meaning that I’ve now got over 20 days holiday entitlement spread across these multiple companies.

How best do I manage this? In my previous career I’d get my outstanding holiday pay upon leaving a company, but I want to stay on the books of these agencies.

I suppose at its simplest, you identify the days that you want to take as paid holiday, choose one of the agencies by whom you are owed holiday and say to them “I want to take these days as paid holiday.” Rinse and repeat for all the agencies you work for until you have either booked enough holiday or run out of holidays owed.

I like that answer, roymondo. Easy, and to the point.

I’ve not done the agency stuff for long, 6 months or so, but here’s how I understand it atm. I may be, probably am, wrong, but right now? This is me.
I look at it two ways, one from the wanting a holiday, and the other for wanting my holiday pay in my pocket.
1 If I want a week off I just tell Agency guy I’m not available for those dates.
2 I can draw my holiday pay, from any Agency, at anytime.

Taking your holiday pay from an Agency doesn’t mean that you’re taken off the books.

Presumably if you’re working for 10 agencies, your doing it as self employed or LTD or similar rather than PAYE due to tax?

If thats the case then I couldn’t see how they owe you any holiday pay. If you are PAYE then just ask them how nany days you’ve accrued and combine.

As for getting it at the end, I dont think thats a legal requirement although many do it (again PAYE).

trevHCS:
As for getting it at the end, I dont think thats a legal requirement although many do it (again PAYE).

Can’t comment on the original question but it is a legal requirement to pay unused holiday on the termination of an employment contract.

gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- … ving-a-job