Weekend training

Evening all, does anybody know of any companies around the Middlesbrough area that would provide class 2 training on a weekends only as I work away 3 to weeks at a time

We’re a little way from you (2hrs by car) but can offer you a weekend course with test Monday am with free accommodation. We do this all the time so it’s nothing new to us.

Many, many Trucknet users have followed this route. In 2017 and 2018 we had 100% passes on the course except for one person each year. Not bad!

CAT C £1260. CAT CE £1395. Both including VAT, test, vehicle for test. We have our own private test centre where you practice during your training and ALL our instructors are highly trained, qualified and NVDIR registered.

Beat that!!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for your prompt reply Peter, that’s given me something to think about as I was thinking closer to home and didn’t think I could have it all done by Monday, cheers

No worries. You would arrive at the hotel Friday eve, work all day Sat and Sun and pass your test Monday am then drive home.

For availability, call 01623 555661. Speak with Tracey and tell her you’ve been in touch with me and you’re a Trucknet user. Otherwise, no discount.

Office open again 0730 Monday.

Have a great weekend, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I am thinking of booking a class 1 course soon, and if i am not working hope to get to the open day, but can you tell me if i was unlucky enough to fail class 1, what is the cost and procedure, availability and waiting time etc of a retest with yourselves

Retest is £300 less the 10% Trucknet user discount - making it £270. If you choose to have additional training it’s £90 per hour but charged at £81. Waits vary but we aim to get you back within 3 weeks. Frequently it can be the next week. Rarely, it may be 4. Procedure is that we marry up available test dates/vehicle availability/your availability to get the common denominator. You will be asked for £200 deposit to book the retest.

Another option is Pass Protection. This has a cost of £300 and must be purchased before the start of training. The beauty of this is that it covers the use of the vehicle and the test fees for 3 further tests. The main reason that folks don’t always pass straight away, IME, is the build up of nerves. Couple this with the awareness of the upcoming bills for retests and the outcome may not be good. So put the safety net in and increase the chances of first time pass. This isn’t me guessing - it’s proven.

Hope I’ve covered everything; let me know if I’ve missed anything or if there’s more information you would like.

yes all covered thanks, i failed twice 6 years ago in an artic after a week of training, have just got back into hgv daily driving a class 2 for the last 2 years so was thinking of maybe going down the wagon and drag route, or will everything i learned in artic come back to me when i start training?

Your choice. I don’t know the level of training you received previously or how much retention you will have. But I’m confident that the huge majority pass straight away on either w+d or artic.

It’s all a bit easier now as everything is auto on our fleet. So that takes some of the pressure out.

So it’s down to you!

Ok i will think about whether artic or w+d, is there an oportunity to reverse w+d on open day or is it just artic?

Normally just artic but, if it’s not busy, we may be able to do w+d. Suggest you come early as it tends to be quiet for the first hour.

The best choice in my opinion, even though it’s still about an hour’s drive away from Boro, is Tockwith Training near York, just off the A59 (about five minutes from junction 47 of the A1). I passed my C+E first time with them in a Volvo FH with 500 rampaging Swedish stallions! My instructor (Rob) was spot on, and plus, one-to-one tuition, as many training companies often use a 2-to-1 ratio.

For somewhere nearer to home, you could try:

Teesside LGV Training, South Bank (Norman Terrace, just off the A66)
Regional Training Partners (RTP) (Belasis Avenue, Billingham)

I would strongly recommend that you book an assessment drive with at LEAST two trainers before laying down any hard earned cash.

Also, in any circumstance, Do NOT book any training through a broker!

I can assure you Peter Smythe is definately worth the trip . I travelled from South Wales up taking me around three hours each way. I passed coming up three years ago now time flys! :open_mouth: Brilliant setup, new trucks, and one to one training that is second to none.Just recommended a friend to travel up and also my brother came up and passed first time in 2018.