Working full time then driving on weekends help

So i currently work 40 hours a week in a factory. Passed my class 2 and looking to do agency work every other weekend to help gain experience. My question is how would I log my factory jobs working hours aswell as then driving hours? Same with the tacho card - if i’m driving on a Saturday would i put my previous days work in a factory as other work? Probably straight forward but all new to me so would appreciate any advice.

Nicstrin:
So i currently work 40 hours a week in a factory. Passed my class 2 and looking to do agency work every other weekend to help gain experience. My question is how would I log my factory jobs working hours aswell as then driving hours? Same with the tacho card - if i’m driving on a Saturday would i put my previous days work in a factory as other work? Probably straight forward but all new to me so would appreciate any advice.

Officially it should be recorded as other work on digi printout but the DVSA will accept a diary where each day worked in the factory is listed

The DVSA want to see that the weekly rest periods have been taken

ROG:

Nicstrin:

Officially it should be recorded as other work on digi printout but the DVSA will accept a diary where each day worked in the factory is listed

Hey rog is there a actual definition as to what constitutes as work?
For example if I do a art class on my weekends off am I working?
If not does that mean you can be a ft student without having to ■■■■ about doing manual entries?
Or what if I do football on the weekend or if I go mountain climbing. Both probably more taxing the. The actual work I’m taking a break from.

Art class/rock climbing etc is not work unless you are being paid for doing it

Doing your 35 hour driver cpc is not work if you are not being paid

ROG:

Thanks for that. Very helpful. I’ll sort a diary out a.s.a.p.

Re art class, its not work unless you’re standing there starkers and getting paid for such. Suspect DVSA wouldnt really be that interested. :slight_smile:

If the tacho will allow, put the time between weekend shifts down as ? not break then you can refer to the diary. Just remember to keep it with you at all times.

Also make sure you have your 45 hours off every other week min.