C+E Resit

Failed my first attempt at class 1 last week got my resit booked for March, a bit worried with the time between don’t want to forget all my training. I will get a one hour drive before my test.

Any drivers on here passed 2nd time round after a break in between?

bluenose244:
Failed my first attempt at class 1 last week got my resit booked for March, a bit worried with the time between don’t want to forget all my training. I will get a one hour drive before my test.

Any drivers on here passed 2nd time round after a break in between?

Not second :blush: did on third though…

Plenty of folks have a break, though it’s not what I would recommend. Sometimes I’ve had folks come back after months away (of their own choice) and pass. Best thing is to continue to drive as you’ve been trained, whether that be on a CAT C or just a car.

Maybe make it clear to your trainer that you’d take a cancellation? They do come up from time to time so you may strike lucky.

All the best with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Plenty of folks have a break, though it’s not what I would recommend. Sometimes I’ve had folks come back after months away (of their own choice) and pass. Best thing is to continue to drive as you’ve been trained, whether that be on a CAT C or just a car.

Maybe make it clear to your trainer that you’d take a cancellation? They do come up from time to time so you may strike lucky.

All the best with it.

Thanks Pete,

I’ve been trying to drive the same in my rigid but it’s totally different.

Although my instructor told me I would be all over the place and make a right mess of it when I got back in my rigid after a week in the artic and he’s right… I can only hope that means the skills I picked up during training are still up there and it’s a good thing for my resit.

Mirror use, speed on approach, dealing with other road users etc are the same. Carry on trying.

I passed 2nd time but my retest was a week later as I didnt want to forget too much either. I think it’s best to retest as soon as possible, while its all fresh in your mind. Like the other guy says, if your driving any vehicle everyday then you shouldnt have a problem really. I basically couldnt wait much longer as I wanted to get my licence asap, for my career change.

I passed my C+E second time. I had a break of 2-3 months between, so I had a day of training before the test day to make sure everything was still familiar…Not sure I needed it but nerves weren’t an issue second time round.

Hyh:
I passed my C+E second time. I had a break of 2-3 months between, so I had a day of training before the test day to make sure everything was still familiar…Not sure I needed it but nerves weren’t an issue second time round.

2 day’s to go, can’t wait just want to get it done once and for all hopefully I haven’t forgotten too much… Biggest thing I notice outwith reversing obviously is the amount of steering needed in the rigid compared with an artic, never thought about it previously but I’ve noticed since training in the artic going back to the rigid it’s very strange.

Yep I had 3 weeks between my 1st and 2nd test
Passed on 2nd attempt and had extra days training as well

I had to wait over a month for my resit in class 2! Was worried about forgetting what I had been taught and falling back into the white van man ways as that’s my day job but after the hour mate I was confident and it was like learning to ride a bike just comes back to you everything you have been taught! Hopefully you will be the same it give you time to relax and get your ■■■■ together aswell bud good luck.

Youngscottishnewbie:
I had to wait over a month for my resit in class 2! Was worried about forgetting what I had been taught and falling back into the white van man ways as that’s my day job but after the hour mate I was confident and it was like learning to ride a bike just comes back to you everything you have been taught! Hopefully you will be the same it give you time to relax and get your [zb] together aswell bud good luck.

Cheers bud.

I failed class 2 first time also, but was back in about a week later and passed, it’s been a month between tests this time, im about 60% buzzing for it and the rest of me is terrified, just want to get it in the bag and it’s done for good, get a pass and it’ll be like the weight of the world off my shoulders.

Good Luck BlueNose

Hyh:
Good Luck BlueNose

Cheers mate

Got it passed this morning 3rd time lucky, 5 minors.

Over the moon, thanks everyone who took the time to give me advice.

Congratulations well done

Congratulations and all the best for the future.

Well done. Passed my Cat C last Friday first time. Probably will aim for C+E if I take to it. I passed well but it’s a fine line on the day. I’m certainly not underestimating that step up to artics so a second time pass is a great achievement. A pass is a pass. You never have to take a test again realistically. Happy for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations pal :smiley: