Anyone based in South Wales or thereabouts?

I am just starting out. I started a full package Class 2 training course just before Christmas. I completed my 35 hours CPC and now have my CPC card. I also have provisional Class 2 on my license and I have just received my Tacho card in the post today. I have my Theory test booked for the 29th Jan and hope to complete Class 2 soon after that.

Technically I can now legally drive 7.5 Tonne and am looking for work. I spent most of today compiling a list of Agencies I can approach tomorrow and will also start looking at any companies that are near me. I’ve been keeping an eye on Class 2 and 7.5 tonne jobs advertised over the last few months. The majority of them have been at least a 50 min commute. I’m not shy of travelling to work. I used to do a 100 mile round trip up and down the A1, 5 days a week some years ago.
I’m based just north of Brecon. I don’t have any ties to where I am based atm so could possibly relocate in the future.

If anyone else knows the area I’d be grateful for any recommendations.

Ive worked on class 2 for John Pearce in Glyneath, guessing its about 40 minute drive for you? They seem to always be having new drivers(agency too). Im not there now but thats where I started out.

ValleysTrucker:
Ive worked on class 2 for John Pearce in Glyneath, guessing its about 40 minute drive for you? They seem to always be having new drivers(agency too). Im not there now but thats where I started out.

Thanks for your reply. I missed the email notification and have only just found it. Yeah, 40/50 minutes. What were they like to work for?

I didnt get a notification either for some reason. Its hard work some pallets are 1000kilo(Ton) like tiles, bricks etc delivering to houses. Other deliveries then are to factories, funeral homes etc You name it they deliver it all on pallet network. Good way to learn the ropes and get some experience. They were always fair with me and offered me work again if needed so I left on good terms.