Happy to be a trainer again after 2 years as an examiner

It’s been a while since I posted on here but I’ve had an interesting few years.
After 30+ years as a LGV trainer I decided to join the other side as an examiner. I put my son through Peter Smythe to learn the training ropes which was a good choice and off I went to Cardington to learn the examiner world.
1500 car tests and nearly 1000 LGV/PCV tests later I decided to return to training. What an experience.
I now understand the huge difference between training and testing but my heart is in getting a Pass. As an examiner you don’t get the buzz. Pass Fail it’s all the same.
Anyway good to be back

Welcome back John.

Hope it all goes well.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

My wife is a driving instructor and has been doing it for 14 years at least now and I’m trying to talk her into becoming an examiner but she also loves the buzz of getting a pupil from scratch and putting them through their test so don’t think she’ll ever change .

LGVTrainer:
It’s been a while since I posted on here ….

Hi John,

Welcome back!! :smiley: :smiley:

You must have some fantastic tales of ill prepared students, trainers and vehicles to regale us with.

My landlady was an instructor for over 30 years and also went to the dark side, she returned within 2 years and put some L plates back on her car.

Thanks Rog - edited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back John hope you enjoyed the experience