Speeding infringement

hi - newly driving class 2 and in my first week…… driving down a hill with limiter on 56 but it obviously ran away because I have a speeding infringement for doing 62 (naively assumed it wouldn’t go over 56 regardless!) …. what is likely to happen now? thank you!

absolutely nothing apart from its been drawn to the attention of some nugget in your traffic office.
if you do it constanty,then change jobs to one that dont care.
the limit is 60 not 56 and an infringement is not an offence.
do it constantly and vostapo might frown and finger wag if your ever pulled,but you cant get done for that just because it previously shows on your card.

yellowvanmanpj:
hi - newly driving class 2 and in my first week…… driving down a hill with limiter on 56 but it obviously ran away because I have a speeding infringement for doing 62 (naively assumed it wouldn’t go over 56 regardless!) …. what is likely to happen now? thank you!

Company policy infringement only - not an enforceable legal one

Have you not being driving for a German haulier that runs wagons in a certain shade of yellow with red lettering?

Yes, if it’s a motorway or dual carriageway. But the OP doesn’t say that. So IF it’s a single carriageway it’s most certainly an offence.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Some of the “blue chip” firms can even issue infringements for overspeeds over a couple of MPH over the speed the limiter is set to (even if it’s set to 52 for example, and you do 54). You can legally do up to 60 on motorways and dual carriageways. I bet that infringement you got was issued by some desk jockey fresh out of uni, and has never been inside a wagon before, never mind driven one, and knows jack (zb) anything about them!

Peter Smythe:

Yes, if it’s a motorway or dual carriageway. But the OP doesn’t say that. So IF it’s a single carriageway it’s most certainly an offence.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not unless plod catch him commiting it,as if not its meaningless apart from some tut tutting and finger wagging if ever stoped for a card check.