C + E Test moved forward

Hi all.

So my class 1 test has been moved forward to next week.

Just looking for a few tips really regarding reversing so i dont go in completely green.

Cheers lads

IMO best advice, assuming you’ve chosen a good instructor, is just to take on board what you’re taught. Saves a lot of confusion.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Mattblues90:
So my class 1 test has been moved forward to next week.

I would have more impressed if you said it was reversed back to the week before last :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

All the best on your test brother :slight_smile: .

I’ve recently completed my CPC and have been told the the reversing exercise have been removed from the test (unsure if that’s gone live nationwide), would be interested to know how it went when you’ve passed.

Regarding tips… Just remember where the back of your front wheel is pointing, is where the trailer is gonna go buddy :slight_smile:

Best of luck once again.

Chancellor:
I’ve recently completed my CPC and have been told the the reversing exercise have been removed from the test (unsure if that’s gone live nationwide)

:exclamation:

idrive:

Chancellor:
I’ve recently completed my CPC and have been told the the reversing exercise have been removed from the test (unsure if that’s gone live nationwide)

:exclamation:

I an wondering where that mis-information came from as well …

Chancellor:

Jesus, tell me you didn’t believe that BS, I imagine the person taking the training was also on the Iranian balcony back in 1980!!!

Hussar:

Chancellor:

Jesus, tell me you didn’t believe that BS, I imagine the person taking the training was also on the Iranian balcony back in 1980!!!

Or he drove through an active war zone in Afghanistan whilst carrying 30,000 litres of diesel, narrowly escaping RPG and AK-47 fire!

In all seriousness, there has been discussion about splitting the reversing ex from the rest of the test but the idea has been shelved - at least for the time being. And I know that’s fact cos I was part of the discussion.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hussar:

Chancellor:

Nope didn’t believe it either bro, but spoke with a few instructors and training providers to confirm as well, and was informed what DSA’s plans were, just re-read this and realised my error (removal of the reversing exercise is related to cars not HGVs, yet to be confirmed).

If or when this actually happen and i’m able to, i’ll update this, outside of that, i’ll believe it when i see it lol (thumbs up).

The reversing ex hasn’t been dropped from any test! Car or HGV!!

What they don’t test you on is a turn in the road, or reversing around a corner. They are however still taught.

What they do test you on is one or two of three; parallel parking at the side of a road, bay parking or, finally, you may be asked to pull up on the right-hand side of a quiet road, reverse and rejoin the flow of traffic.

If you are tested on parking in a bay, you will be required to either drive in and reverse out, or reverse in and drive out.

If you are required to complete the final reversing manoeuvre, you will have to pull up on the right hand side of the road before reversing back for a couple car lengths to get a view of the road before pulling back out.