Biffa class 2 salary?

Hi guys,

Anyone got any reliable info on how much Biffa pay for class 2?

Been working for them through the agency for couple months now and enjoy the work - always got company on the road and I’m done by early afternoon so always able to get in the gym before it shuts. It’s also only ten mins from my house.

Thing is, with a year’s experience I’m starting to think that I’d like the stability of a permanent job. Agency money is less than I can get elsewhere but there’s a real chance of being taken on at Biffa it seems.

I’m currently on £11 p/h and doing 50 hours a week - 45 after lunchbreak deductions. Previously I was on £12 - £12.50 p/h and getting in 55-60 hours including POA etc. Quite a difference in money!

I’ve not come into contact with many of the drivers and haven’t had the right situation to ask. One driver (part time guy) said £10 p/h but my loader swears it’s £12. I’ve looked online and have seen £33k listed but also £10 p/h.

Not sure what to do as no point working for less than I could if there’s no mileage in it here.

Would like to be on around £30k which is what I got paid in the office job I gave up to drive. Don’t mind putting in the hours and early starts etc.

Just seen an advert for what I think is Veolia (says ‘nation’s biggest waste collection company’).

After probation period, you’re on £11.58 for first 40 hours and then £13.56 thereafter.

By my calculations that’s a shade over £30k for a ten hour day every day. And you get a loader too (I’ve heard Biffa are phasing them out and I’d rather be with somebody who knows the routes/can keep me company).

Sounds like an opportunity not to waste. If it’s rubbish I can skip back to Biffa. :smiley:

When i first started i was told these jobs were jobs and knock but i’m not so sure anymore.

When i was chasing the money i worked for P&H bidvest etc which was around 34K if i remember but you did certainly earn it.

At least on the bins people will generally leave you alone

Agreed it’s a pretty low stress job. No drama with stopping and getting a maccies/coffee/Greggs and then still having my hour’s break later on.

Having a driver’s mate is one of the best things. Hardly have to use sat nav at all as they know the routes and you’ve always got somebody to back you out onto roads if you turn into a street and find it blocked etc.

Looks like my problem is sorted as agency have bumped me up to £12.25 p/h.