Mildly annoying...Xmas cancelled

So, my family is having Christmas up in Harrogate this year, at my little sisters house.
Present will be big sis Alison and partner David, little sis Sally and husband Neil, little bro James and wife Clare, 2 nieces Ella and Marnie, stepmum Carol, Neils Dad Bob and partner, and various drop in guests during the 3 day period, all proper interesting, great company, people.

Me? No, not me, I chose to stay in frikkin Neasden, didn’t I. Just so I could grab an extra couple of shifts thinking…Xmas tips!
Txt from agency boss today, Xmas Eve work cancelled, too quiet.
FFS!
If he’d have txtd a couple of hours earlier I could have gone up to Harrogate with Alison and David in the car and had Xmas with the family.

You know when you get those bi-polar people? They’re either well high or very very low? Well, I think I’m a uni-polar person. I just shrugged me shoulders and txtd back, “Ok, when’s me next shift then”?
Thursday Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to em.

Christmas in Neasden, Jesus Christ!

That’s a nuisance! But why don’t you just drive up and have Christmas with them?

In any case, I hope you have a good one.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

No car, Pete, London innit, don’t need one.
And my (freebie) Oyster card won’t reach that far.
I did look at some hire car prices :open_mouth: that’s not happenin! :smiley:
Am seriously thinking about hopping on a train though.

And thanks :slight_smile: hope you have a good one too :slight_smile:

steviespain:
No car, Pete, London innit, don’t need one.
And my (freebie) Oyster card won’t reach that far.
I did look at some hire car prices :open_mouth: that’s not happenin! :smiley:
Am seriously thinking about hopping on a train though.

And thanks :slight_smile: hope you have a good one too :slight_smile:

Train delays to be excessive over this holiday period - on BBC news

Yep, saw that, ROG. On the line I would go on (If I was to go) it’s a speed restriction, about ten minutes added on to the journey. np.

Don’t think I’ll bother though. Central heating on high, Amazon Prime primed with a watchlist, crate of cava chilling outside on the balcony, couple of Iceland curries in the fridge.
Just the porta-potty to organise and I’ll be all set :smiley:

Have a good un, ROG :slight_smile:

steviespain:
So, my family is having Christmas up in Harrogate this year, at my little sisters house.
Present will be big sis Alison and partner David, little sis Sally and husband Neil, little bro James and wife Clare, 2 nieces Ella and Marnie, stepmum Carol, Neils Dad Bob and partner, and various drop in guests during the 3 day period, all proper interesting, great company, people.

Me? No, not me, I chose to stay in frikkin Neasden, didn’t I. Just so I could grab an extra couple of shifts thinking…Xmas tips!
Txt from agency boss today, Xmas Eve work cancelled, too quiet.
FFS!
If he’d have txtd a couple of hours earlier I could have gone up to Harrogate with Alison and David in the car and had Xmas with the family.

You know when you get those bi-polar people? They’re either well high or very very low? Well, I think I’m a uni-polar person. I just shrugged me shoulders and txtd back, “Ok, when’s me next shift then”?
Thursday Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to em.

Christmas in Neasden, Jesus Christ!

Don’t trust the Agency pal.

Work till the 23rd maximum and screw the following days.

Of course there could be jobs coming up over the festive days but the chances aren’t that high > depending on the hauliers, their workload and if they use the Agency you’re employed with,

But New Year, New Luck.

Just be cautious with them and maybe register with 1-2 more agencies for the upcoming „quite time“

Cheers Tipper :slight_smile:
I’m full time for John Lewis, Park Royal, through Blue Arrow agency, have been for, oooohhh, 9-10 weeks now.
TBF to Agency boss on site, he was dead honest about the lack of hours over Xmas period. It’s just that there was even less hours than expected.
My payslip for that week shows a top line of £149.66, and a take home of £149.66 :smiley: Didn’t even earn enough to pay tax :open_mouth:

Hard at at again this week, though. Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat.
Jeez it’s hard graft!