The greasy pole

So after a lot (and I mean a lot) of being a pain in the arse to the TM and pursuing it like a dog with a bone. I’ve climbed the greasy pole on to this.
I was told I’d be 5 years or so before I’d be touched for tank work. If your a relentless, persistent ■■■■ then it can be achieved.

How big a pay rise did you get?

idrive:
How big a pay rise did you get?

Adequate and on a par with the rest :smiley:

Good on you then, crack on!

As it’s newbies… I can guess that this is petrol tankers?

Any chance you are willing to say what goes into the job? Explain what sort of process broadly you have to go through at the refinery?

Oh and congratulations. As it’s something you wanted so went and got - it’s an amazing early xmas present for you!

Good luck with your gas training

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sammym:

Any chance you are willing to say what goes into the job? Explain what sort of process broadly you have to go through at the refinery?

Oh and congratulations. As it’s something you wanted so went and got - it’s an amazing early xmas present for you!

Gas tankers mate.

The process of loading and tipping in laymens terms is as follows:

The technicians use nitrogen to pump LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) into the tank at about 5 bar. Once full, they depressurise to about 1 bar. The gas is stored cryogenically under pressure in the tank at -161c

When tipping at a local facility, they force nitrogen back into the tank at about 5 bar which forces the LNG back out and into a holding tank. Once empty, they depressurise the tank again below 2.5 bar and send you on your way back to the terminal for loading again.

Currently, I’m doing nightshift changeovers. Taking an empty tank from the yard and bringing back a loaded tank.

I think that covers it??

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rabb:

sammym:

Gas tankers mate.

The process of loading and tipping in laymens terms is as follows:

The technicians use nitrogen to pump LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) into the tank at about 5 bar. Once full, they depressurise to about 1 bar. The gas is stored cryogenically under pressure in the tank at -161c

When tipping at a local facility, they force nitrogen back into the tank at about 5 bar which forces the LNG back out and into a holding tank. Once empty, they depressurise the tank again below 2.5 bar and send you on your way back to the terminal for loading again.

Currently, I’m doing nightshift changeovers. Taking an empty tank from the yard and bringing back a loaded tank.

I think that covers it??

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It’s certainly does mate.

It sounds a bit more involved than my nights work. Spare for 5 hours then sent with a fridge for a store delivery. Pull off half a dozen cages on bay, and then leave backdoor man to tip the 20 pallets.

Boring doesn’t come close. Highlight of my night was Gregg’s opening at the services I’m in now. I can understand why you wanted that sort of work.