Showering facilities at motorway services?

I’m currently working for a large furnishings distributor who expect their drivers to do one night out a week.

Although I’ve generally always avoided nights out I don’t mind in this instance as you’re always with a driver’s mate to go for a pint and some food with, and also because you’re generally done by midday the next day (sometimes earlier) and get to knock off with a full day’s pay.

Only thing is that the work is quite physical at times (handballing doors into properties etc) and you often get a bit of a sweat on. I’d normally be happy to slum it and shower when I get back but it’s a different story when you’ve got a slimy back and a case of the betty swollocks (can only imagine it’ll be worse in the summer!).

I’m wondering as to the possibility of swinging by the services for a quick shower? Is it possible to use (or pay to use) the washroom facilities if you’re not staying the night there? Would be nice to freshen up before putting on fresh clothes in an evening.

You certainly can, although you’ll normally have to pay a couple of quid.

I imagine there is a story here about a raging ■■■■■■ in her apartment and a negiligee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
I imagine there is a story here about a raging ■■■■■■ in her apartment and a negiligee

I did actually once get blatantly propositioned by a housewife at the door, but I was on city link at the time doing 100 drops per day and just rushed off without it really registering till later.
What a fool I was :smiley:

Roymondo:
You certainly can, although you’ll normally have to pay a couple of quid.

Most services I’ve stopped by at have showers that were readily available and didn’t have notices to pay for, unless some timer meter I didn’t see

Looked quite clean considering tbh

They are free.Just hand your key in.Some leave alot to be desired.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

idrive:

Wheel Nut:

I did actually once get blatantly propositioned by a housewife at the door, but I was on city link at the time doing 100 drops per day and just rushed off without it really registering till later.
What a fool I was :smiley:

Every home delivery drivers dream…

Most are free. As someone else said, you usually leave your keys as deposit. But pick your time! If you turn up mid day then no problem but early evening when people are parking up for the night and you’ll probably have a bit of a wait.

Take a pair of flip flops for showering :wink:

bald bloke:
Take a pair of flip flops for showering :wink:

Most motorway showers just about big enough for 1person, let alone 2 flip flops as well. :smiley:, including there washing in the Lidl bag. :laughing: