Hazard perception!

Hi guys, today I failed my hazard perception for the second time, scored 55 and I needed 67. I just don’t get what I’m doing wrong, I’m clicking for hazards and making sure I click a couple of times for each one. Anybody else struggle to pass the test? Got any tips?
Appreciate all help in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s pretty tricky, many seasoned drivers would struggle with it I reckon.
The problem is clicking too early. You just have to get the timing right as to when the software counts it as a hazard, even though you have seen it as a hazard already.
Do practice tests here
safedrivingforlife.info/pra … ption-test
I think if you play back the results it shows you the window of time for each one and the decreasing score.
Remember not to click too many times or you will get zero points

You got the app for practice? Remember that over clicking goes against you. Its a pain in the ■■■ I hated doing it for my car and lorry tests

Use the banana method.

Sounds ridiculous. But it works.

See a hazard. Click.
Say banana. Click.
Say banana again. Click.

Absolutely stupid that you have to do this test - and the easiest way to pass it is to say banana. But you won’t/can’t change it.

I’ve used the dvsa app but I’ve practiced so many times that I know when the hazards are coming. Its like trying to be good at a computer game rather than real life.

I totally agree, mate. They’re set up

I passed Class 2 in '76, driven different types of vehicles over all types of terrains, military and civilian. When I decided/was forced back into driving for a living, 40 years later, I practised on the Hazard Perception test on me CPC course. Failed miserably…for a week. I was clicking before the software thought I should be able to spot a developing, possible, hazard.
Try the Sammy way, give it 4 evenly spaced clicks, it worked for me.

break a leg, brutha.

I thought it was a load of rubbish, i had been driving for 18 years before i went for my motorcycle licence and i just passed the Hazard Perception part by a single point as i was seeing the hazard way too early but i also clicked the button a couple more times for good luck :laughing:

Tooz:
I thought it was a load of rubbish, i had been driving for 18 years before i went for my motorcycle licence and i just passed the Hazard Perception part by a single point as i was seeing the hazard way too early but i also clicked the button a couple more times for good luck :laughing:

Yep, exactly right, mate.

Thanks for the tips guys, I’m booked in again on January 2nd so I’ll try the banana method. Fingers crossed

browny2004:
Thanks for the tips guys, I’m booked in again on January 2nd so I’ll try the banana method. Fingers crossed

It worked for me, honestly. Before I read about this ‘method’ here, I was too quick and getting fat zeros. Implemented bananas and passed first time :grimacing:

Good luck matey!

Rav

Rav:

browny2004:

It worked for me, honestly. Before I read about this ‘method’ here, I was too quick and getting fat zeros. Implemented bananas and passed first time :grimacing:

Good luck matey!

Rav

Agreed. I read it on here and used it as well.

IMO it should be added to the newbie sticky. I’d hope it would shame the dvla. But it’s only likely result would be to help new drivers and save them money.

Finally passed today guys! 3rd time lucky. I used the banana method and it worked, scored 77. Thanks for all the advice.

Well done. I passed mine first time but was way compared to what I’d practiced. I recall one segment I got way off. As a seasoned car driver I feel I’m pretty decent but for some reason I just found it hard. Sounds like the banana method works. I’m all for recycling a good idea. Passed my Class 2 this afternoon at the first attempt. Stick with it. You’ll be grand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well done dan,looking forward to my practical

You’ll love it. I’ve driven for work nationally for years, mostly in a car, sometimes in a van. It’s a weird crossover but not in a bad way. My test today was on roads I know but as a car driver although a few I’ve been on in the truck this week. In a truck it’s a different animal. My advice from my experience this week is listen to the instructor obviously, be patient, if in doubt slow down, plan ahead. It’s all in the planning, preparation, and road positioning. My instructor put me through the mill yesterday but in a good way. My test today was positively easy in comparison. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk