lgv test routes

test routes are now downloaderble from the dsa, however do not type in dsa test in search engines.

if you type say dsa test center kirkham it will give kirkham page only
if you type simmonswood it will give simonswood pages
you need the indivdual test center site and the link to down load is on the web page.

this could help you learners if you live near your chosen test center and can drive round the routes prior to training, leaving more time learning to drive rather than routes, it will also give experience not only of the routes but the hazards likely to be on those routes.

these was noticed some weeks ago and i have informed some other instructor still in the game whom seem to be spreeding the word.

thanks
instructor

To find the link instructor is on about, try clicking on this: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/atozdtcinfo.asp?cat=47.

Paul

repton:
To find the link instructor is on about, try clicking on this: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/atozdtcinfo.asp?cat=47.

Paul

Thanks dear. :wink:

And thank you instructor I’m sure people will find that very useful.

A bit of useful (hopefully) info for you…

Go to www.dsa.gov.uk

Then click Bus/Lorry section. Once there, you will find, on the left a link to ‘Find my nearest’.
Select an LGV driving test centre from the table, and to the right you will find downloadable test routes used for that station.

Eg. Garretts Green can be found under ‘B’ for Birmingham !!! and they have 21 different routes they use.

I’m not trying to suggest you can’t work your way around a web page, so please don’t take offence at the above instructions.

Hope it helps.

Here’s a quote from a post made in October, was buried in the depths.
Hope it helps too.

Mods - Can you put it in the Useful links, or ‘Sticky’ it before it becomes buried again?

ive not found them on the dsa site on these links they are on each individual test centers own web page and you will need to go to that site you wish to test at.

ie if someone in basildon goes through dsa website national information is on it ,what you need is
each individual test centers page and they only give infromation as to their test center and their routes only

ie
search webs like

dsa lgv test center bristol
dsa lgv test center basildon
dsa lgv test center leeds
dsa lgv test center nottingham
dsa lgv test center birmingham

if you type dsa you get main dsa web pages only

if you try it my way you get this instead and look to the right top of each link given.

www.dsa.gov.uk/DTCInfo.asp?id=2238&Cat=38&ShowRoute=0

www.dsa.gov.uk/DTCInfo.asp?id=2162&Cat=47&ShowRoute=0

dsa.gov.uk/DTCInfo.asp?id=12 … howRoute=0

this feature is nationalised you just need to know the test center location to perform good search

can truck net make this information a permenant feature by having a link folder to every lgv test center in one folder that is secured and locked?

i feel the information would be off great benefit to all learners using this forum.
thanks
instructor

Great info instructor. :smiley:

Just one question, are the examiners allowed to vary the route? I did route number 9 at the Leicester centre, but the examiner took me a different way towards the end of the test. :open_mouth:

dsa.gov.uk/DTCInfo.asp?id=22 … =17&Cat=47

Also, might be a good idea to sticky this post? :sunglasses:

certainly would i fthey do it with all uk lgv pcv test centers, the variation rule tends to come into affect that the routes can be done in reverse order, or if say like on of mine on my last day of work goosed up on a roundabout so the examiner on the wat back in to test center made variation to give extra roundabouts to check whether hes fault was a one of with nerves or was a consistant problem.

however i feel this could improve the odds for the learner learning driving rather than worrying about where he is going.

Very Good :smiley:

Just had a look at the first five routes out of Bredbury, where I will be taking my test next week and using Autoroute, I have discovered that I pretty familiar with almost all the roads. I have driven down them all at some point over the years. although not in a large goods vehicle.

I hope it works to my advantage.

:confused:

I can’t seem to find the right links! has anything changed re access to test routes?

markc1290:
I can’t seem to find the right links! has anything changed re access to test routes?

IIRC they don’t use routes now, or at least they don’t advertise they do.

Routes are no longer available on t’internet. In their wisdom, DSA decided it was not in the public interest for them to be available.

Routes do exist though. But examiners can vary routes without notice if eg traffic conditions dictate. A CAT C route must run for at least 60 minutes (CE is 50 minutes). We have cases where folks are taken round the block to absorb another 5 minutes if it’s been a quick run. This is sometimes because of unusually light traffic, a lot of green lights or a lively driver.

When training, I normally refer to “test route area” rather than “test route”. There is a danger in learning specific routes - - because the examiner may vary it.

Some of our routes had to be re-jigged when we put the full size artic on the road. It wont go under most of the local bridges and some of the roads previously used are not suitable for a vehicle of that type.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers for the update, I thought it was odd I couldn’t find them!

From what I can gather the thinking behind this is that a LGV driver should be able to cope with any route thrown at them on test

Agreed, but it never hurts to have local knowledge if possible! (although well known about local roads and complacency).