Which loads need strapped

Truxx:
Thanks for the replys.

So it seems by law I have to open the curtains on every trailer I pick up then ratchet strap every pallet then undo every ratchet strap when I get to destination?
Not one other person in this company does any of this as I’ve picked trailers up from all over the country and non of them are strapped… I’m surprised a company as big as stobarts allow this to happen? They certainly don’t allow enough time to do it as this would take at least an extra hour + for every trailer I move.
All the company tells me is to leave 2 internal straps at the rear of truck so i can strap the last 2 pallets ?

I’ll mention it tomorrow when I go in and see what they say but I’m betting there gonna tell me the same as they did last week when I asked about it that only the last 2 pallets need an internal strap over them…

On the plus side it means ill get paid at least another 2 hours per day lol so if it’s law ill be doing it no matter what they say.

Thanks
Dave

Check if the trailer has the XL curtains, most of them do. If they are and you have “positive fit” coke and britvic are 2 quick examples of what should be then only the last 2 is ok. Personally I used to use a couple on each.

Are you agency or employed? I was agency and was given a pack to look at and load security is in there. The above was detailed there and should there have ever have been an issue I would have produced that so get yourself a copy.

Not all the trailers are XL rated though and if doing something like britvic I would swap to one that is, even if it means a wait else as said you will legally have to strap them all