New pass and my story so far

Passed my cat c in September and went on to do it cat ce in November. Passed both first time.

Did an agency shift driving a class 2 up to Inverness and tonight I have another shift driving a class 1 double deck curtain sided trailer up to the same place. Found the yard I went to quite tight last week. At the destination they guys ask.you drive round the building and park at the front so I don’t even need to reverse on to a bay. I just hope I can make it round without taking out their building.

Last week I didn’t have a scoobie where to attach the internal straps to secure the load as you are expected to know this stuff. The guy loading the truck didn’t help when I asked him and ended up asking another driver what the hell I do with these.

This week hopefully it should be better as I will know how to attach the internal straps. I was also shown how to operate the curtain and how you get the tension into it.

I just hope when I get there tonight I can

1. Make it round the building without a problem.
  2. Open the curtain to let them unload the truck.
    3.find the button to lift the axel if I’m coming back empty. (It’s a Merc truck)

The truck I drove last week I was to leave up there and didn’t have to open the curtain but I think I am fairly confident on how to do it. (I got a lift back)

I have had a look at other posts on here with regards to driving a double decker trailer and to keep th speed down and not to be a hero. I am still apprehensive about it and hope it goes well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There are a few channels on YouTube that I started watching when I knew I wanted to do this stuff and in no particular order, these are things I learnt that are so obvious now:

1. There are hidden steps to climb into the back of a trailer
  2. The restraining metal pillars and how to undo and move them
  3. The different methods of undoing/tightening different types of curtains
  4. Wear a hard hat when working with curtains if it’s windy
  5. How to raise and lower the suspension and when and why to do it
  6. If you can’t find the paperwork in the back of a loaded trailer, look in the red plastic tube under its chassis.

The list goes on. Experience will always prevail however, learning in advance will help.

Cheers,

Ben