"New pass" class 2

Passed my class2 in Feb18. Haven’t done any jobs since, as I got promoted to Manager at work (Petrol station). I’m constantly thinking about work 24/7 and I think it’s time to make a move to driving.
-Any advice on where to even start?
-Am I still classed as new pass after so long even though I have no real experience.
-Would I get a job without having to do a refresher course (costing money I don’t have).
-And kinda scared to make to jump too, to be honest.

Anyone got any advice please?

Passed my class2 in Feb18. Haven’t done any jobs since, as I got promoted to Manager at work (Petrol station). I’m constantly thinking about work 24/7 and I think it’s time to make a move to driving.
-Am I still classed as new pass after so long even though I have no real experience.
-Would I get a job without having to do a refresher course (costing money I don’t have).

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on the pass and the subsequent promotion at work.
I recommend personal visits to small/medium operators. Be smart (but not suited and booted) and do your best to talk to the boss or, as a minimum, the transport manager. If not available, find out when and go back.
In a lot of folks eyes, you will be classed as a new pass but this isn’t the end of the world.
Highly unlikely you’d need a refresher unless you really feel that uneasy. TIP: you have a provisional CE. You could arrange one or two free CE assessments just to get back in the feel of driving a larger truck. But I didn’t say that, of course!
Don’t be scared. If it’s what you want to do, fill ya boots. And don’t forget to enjoy!

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on the pass and the subsequent promotion at work.
I recommend personal visits to small/medium operators. Be smart (but not suited and booted) and do your best to talk to the boss or, as a minimum, the transport manager. If not available, find out when and go back.
In a lot of folks eyes, you will be classed as a new pass but this isn’t the end of the world.
Highly unlikely you’d need a refresher unless you really feel that uneasy. TIP: you have a provisional CE. You could arrange one or two free CE assessments just to get back in the feel of driving a larger truck. But I didn’t say that, of course!
Don’t be scared. If it’s what you want to do, fill ya boots. And don’t forget to enjoy!

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good idea. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: