Why the Agencys

I am a new pass class 2 driver 3 weeks living in Lutterworth just off the m1 in Leicestershire-next to magna-park-crick-churchover and the list goes on its the heart of the midlands and jobs through agencies are plentiful but my heart bleeds for security and a set work place where you get to know all the drivers and colleagues and are a family- why must I suffer agency work?

I have a placement right now through an agency at magna and I am loving being out on the road-chucked the keys on my first day and sent 100miles north and back with another agency worker good job I can drive!!

anyway how do I get around these agencies and go direct to the source and stand out? or stick at the agencies go into these placements and sell myself through my work and ask for a fulltime job?

It’ll happen one day.

You have two options. One is stick it out on agencies and go around being your usual pleasant, hard working self. I took on a driver that my TM met, who was working casual on a Saturday, always willing and polite but looking for a full time job, so we took him on. I was out for a meal with a customer on Friday, they are a forwarding agent and in this case had taken a lad in the office after seeing him over a few months delivering pizzas from the shop next door to the office. Moral of the story, you never know who you are talking to or who is watching from an office window.

Your other option is to go knocking on doors, ready to start work if by chance you call in somewhere a driver has not turned in.

In the meantime, just remember you are gaining experience.

Good luck!

DHL KFC, Waver Way, Rugby, Class 2

DHL are the logistics company who have the contract to deliver to KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) stores.

Pop down there and ask for the transport office phone number from security. They take on new Class 2 drivers. Don’t go through an agency or you will be tied to the agency as clients are not allowed to poach agency staff. Get in well before Christmas because firms stop hiring in January.

carlston49:
DHL KFC, Waver Way, Rugby, Class 2

DHL are the logistics company who have the contract to deliver to KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) stores.

Pop down there and ask for the transport office phone number from security. They take on new Class 2 drivers. Don’t go through an agency or you will be tied to the agency as clients are not allowed to poach agency staff. Get in well before Christmas because firms stop hiring in January.

these jobs would be ideal for me-seen them online- all through agencies why don’t these guys advertise online at source,I will pop in their is this normal to do?

You won’t get in there. They all have a security gate, so just ask any security guard that you see for the transport office phone number. Then phone them and ask if they need a Class 2 driver. It’s normal to phone a transport office and ask for a job. They have a high staff turnover so are always looking to take on new drivers except in January when things go quiet.

Or google DHL logistics and see if you can find their website. Then you can apply online.