Driver training day 1

Hi All
been lurking and reading all the useful info on here ready for my journey to driving for a living , just completed the following on my journey

medical
licence changed to get the provisional categories added
theory test for multiple choice ( 94 out of 100)
hazard perception test scored 86
taco card applied for and received
and today was cpc part 2 with 48 out of 50

got my cpc part 4 and my driving test booked for December , amazing the amount of tests and hoops you have to jump through !!!

quick question - is it really worth doing C+E straight after C?

Gaz

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

IME, some folks choose to go straight to CE whilst others prefer to have a few months practice in a C before tackling the larger vehicle. It really is personal choice.

The “cons” are that you will have little experience in the bigger vehicle if you go straight to CE. The “pros” are that you’re still in learning mode and wont have picked up bad habits.

A clever move would be to take advantage of the Black Friday Offer (at the top of the threads). You will have until Christmas next year to complete the training so you can choose either route.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Upto you some go straight into it some stay with cat C for a bit no rules

Stay on cat C get some experience on the road ie avoiding 7.5 t weight limits low bridges using maps/electronic map ( sat nav ) getting to know the road net work using your taco dealing with driver hours good in people picking up bad habits ( probably some more that others will think of ) although you can do this driving small van or 7.5t ( c1 )

Go straight to CE still in learning mode no bad habits picked up

Don’t forget when you pass & find a job you then learn to drive same as always been same as car

thanks for all the replies , great offer from Pete though ! so very tempted to look at that

booked my C training in with a local company that come highly recommended , been down to have a look and meet the people there . Had an assessment drive and checked out the vehicles and instructors - seem like good lads that know their stuff and are friendly enough and didn’t even panic when I went out for a drive lol

seems like the plan will be do C and then get some experience driving that while doing C+E in the new year / next 12 months

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Day 1 driver training

journey so far

medical
licence changed to get the provisional categories added
theory test for multiple choice ( 94 out of 100)
hazard perception test scored 86
taco card applied for and received
cpc part 2 with 48 out of 50

so today I started my 16 hours plus test training course .

met up with Jim at the training at company at 8 this morning and jumped straight in the drivers seat and off out on the roads , plenty of driving for the first two hours along differing road types and speed limits . tackled more than my fair share of roundabouts and tight turns - going well so far apart from clipping a couple of kerbs and planning where to pass parked cars to allow oncoming traffic to pass etc.

went to the off road reversing area and did some of the walk round questions and questions for my Cpc mod 4 test . had a go at the reversing exercise and managed 7 out of 7 attempts with only 1 needing a small shunt

biggest challenge so far is making sure the rear has cleared the turns properly and making sure the mirror checks are all done - blind spot especially

day 2 tomorrow so will see what that brings :smiley: :smiley:

Hope it’s going well for you.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

thanks Pete

I had two tests booked for Friday Cpc and drive ,did my CPC mod 4 and passed with 100%, got to the actual driving and failed !!

passing a line of parked cars , let on coming traffic all through then set off taking up a good line and a woman appeared from a side opening and blocked my passage through! she sat there blocking the road and I was too near the cars . got past but the examiner deemed it a serious for forward planning ! got a few minors on the way back but to be honest I wasn’t even trying by then !!! :frowning:

I have a retest booked for Wednesday , might be calling you Wednesday for C+E if I pass and take up your xmas offer

bamberg:
thanks Pete

I had two tests booked for Friday Cpc and drive ,did my CPC mod 4 and passed with 100%, got to the actual driving and failed !!

passing a line of parked cars , let on coming traffic all through then set off taking up a good line and a woman appeared from a side opening and blocked my passage through! she sat there blocking the road and I was too near the cars . got past but the examiner deemed it a serious for forward planning ! got a few minors on the way back but to be honest I wasn’t even trying by then !!! :frowning:

I have a retest booked for Wednesday , might be calling you Wednesday for C+E if I pass and take up your xmas offer

Did you pass your retest

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I would have loved to say yes but the dreaded driving test corner struck another victim , 6 minors and a serious for hitting a kerb on a tight left hander

just weighing up what to do now …

bamberg:
I would have loved to say yes but the dreaded driving test corner struck another victim , 6 minors and a serious for hitting a kerb on a tight left hander

just weighing up what to do now …

I was told to line my shoulder up with the kerb then turn or the edge of the parked car then turn and that way I’d never hit a kerb has worked so far for me

seems. like good advice , will see if it works on my next test.

had the same woman examiner both times …I think she’s a jinx lol :laughing: :laughing:

Passed today with 6 minors :smiley:

Congratulations! :grimacing: :smiley:

Now, where’s ROG with his fireworks?

:smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations, well done!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks everyone , Pete I will be in touch in the next couple of days to check out costs etc for C+E :smiley:

bamberg:
Thanks everyone , Pete I will be in touch in the next couple of days to check out costs etc for C+E :smiley:

Your in training mode mate.
Get on it and get the C+E done ASAP. I done my C+E ASAP after passing my C with Ritchies in Glasgow. Best move I ever made.

If you have the funds and the time, crack on!!

bamberg:
Passed today with 6 minors :smiley:

Did the shoulder thing work I take it lol

To be honest I just slowed it right down on all corners , roundabouts etc and took my time . Nice easy drive that wasn’t at 9 o’clock in the morning like the last tests so less traffic around