New driver in the north east

Hi there!

Passed my class 2 a month ago now, got everything with it and I’m sitting for my epic on Saturday.

However I can’t seem to get the attention of any firms around me, out of around 30 emails I’ve had around 5 back with no work but we’ll keep you on file for the future!

Now I know emails aren’t the best way to do things but I currently work 10 til 6 daily at Screwfix so it’s pretty hard to get out and show my face.

Can anyone recommend companies that would take on new drivers?

I’d love to get on the tippers and or tramping. All the multidrop firms nearby pay less per hour than I’m on now.

I’d like to avoid agencies as I need a permanent place of work, my financial position wouldn’t allow me to not be employed.

Really getting stuck now and wondering why did I even bother investing in it.

Any pointers would be appreciated

Thanks
Jono

Sorry crystal ball broke & shop shut :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t know where you are so cant really help

Nothing to stop you making a list of firms and then call them to see if work?

Keep calling ( within reason!) and maybe it’ll pay off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

animal:

Sorry would of helped I imagine!

Hartlepool

dcgpx:
Nothing to stop you making a list of firms and then call them to see if work?

Keep calling ( within reason!) and maybe it’ll pay off

Honestly mateyi just don’t get the time

Up at 7 kids fed, dressed and school, then in the shower myself and work.

Dinner breaks are practically none existent for me at work but probably my own fault

jonowilliams:

animal:

Sorry would of helped I imagine!

Hartlepool

Bit far south for me but will have a think

Prestons of potto, nicholsons, conships, david fox, pd ports, stiller, maritime, ulverston… good luck

Armstrong Richardson in stokesley. Vacancies advertised not long ago. Give them a call and ask. Decent kit not bad hours on days and you can tramp I think. Avoid Nicholsons!!!

Scott bros and c w Russell have class 2 tippers as well as chas long near leeming bar

You could try Ward Bros (Malton) in South Bank. Ancient fleet (they gave me a 54-plate DAF when I did a Palletways shift for them a week ago), but well maintained. I’ve just applied with them this morning for a C+E job. They are often desperate for drivers, especially C+E! If you visit their yard with your CV, the Palletways office is on the first floor via an external staircase.

I had the same trouble as you when I passed my class 2 last year. Took me about half a year to get work.

You’ll get there sooner or later.

Good luck! :smiley:

T.I.A Haulage on Brenda Road, near the pipe mill.

Pioneer Transport, Hartlepool (not exactly where).

Clevestone Transport on Moreland Street (tippers).

Garbo2018:
Pioneer Transport, Hartlepool (not exactly where).

Avoid at any cost don’t even walk past the place not worth it

Or what about Hoggart Haulage in Wilton? Starting a new job with them in January. They run plant wagons and flatbeds.

Use indeed.co.uk do a cv upload and attach to each and every job your interested in.
A lot of companies use that way today .

How about Rapid Response Transport, just off Portrack Lane, near the A19 in Stockton? They run a mix of LWB Sprinters, 7.5 tonners and 18 tonne curtainsiders.

I hate to sound negative but I honestly can’t see many firms taking a chance on giving a newly qualified driver a permanent job. From what I’ve seen of the current job market many firms seem to recruit through an agency as a matter of course. Have you considered signing up with an agency for some work that would fit around your current job? Once you’ve “cut your teeth” you’d have a better chance with getting a permanent job.

If you fancy having a go at tramping and Newton Aycliffe isn’t to far for you to travel,try giving Fracks Transport a ring.Advertising today for full time Class 2 drivers.Use it to get that all important experience that’s sought after these days.