Wagon and Drag or Artic?

Hi all.

As previously stated I’m on to Do my c+e hopefully before Christmas.

Is it easier to Do the test on a wagon and Drag or An attic?

I went for an assessment today in an artic and felt ok (I hit the kerb at the 1st round about but mastered the other 2).

Any advice and tips would be much appreciated as always.
Thanks guys

I presume you mean artic! And the answer to the question is YES. The drawbar will follow you so you wouldn’t have hit the kerb you mention. BUT the chances are that you’ll end up wanting to drive an artic and, worse still, having a pre-employment assessment drive. And that really isn’t the best time to be driving an artic for the first time.

The major differences are in the forward steering (the artic will always take short cuts) and the coupling/uncoupling. The procedure is basically the same but the actual coupling mechanism is totally different. You will also get involved in the use of the air suspension on the unit if you’re taught properly. The principles of reversing are the same - but the outcome is not.

Some folks chose to take their test on a drawbar and then spend 2 or 3 hours with an artic. Others prefer to maximise their time in an artic. We offer our trainees the choice of drawbar or artic. Our pass rates are not noticeably different on either.

If you haven’t yet booked, consider the Black Friday Crazy Offer (at the top of the threads). This will get you a full course with all the benefits of training with us for just £999 fully inclusive. I doubt if you will be able to beat that with a reputable trainer. Needs to be booked by this coming Monday. Spaces still available this side of Christmas as well.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

I presume you mean artic! And the answer to the question is YES. The drawbar will follow you so you wouldn’t have hit the kerb you mention. BUT the chances are that you’ll end up wanting to drive an artic and, worse still, having a pre-employment assessment drive. And that really isn’t the best time to be driving an artic for the first time.

The major differences are in the forward steering (the artic will always take short cuts) and the coupling/uncoupling. The procedure is basically the same but the actual coupling mechanism is totally different. You will also get involved in the use of the air suspension on the unit if you’re taught properly. The principles of reversing are the same - but the outcome is not.

Some folks chose to take their test on a drawbar and then spend 2 or 3 hours with an artic. Others prefer to maximise their time in an artic. We offer our trainees the choice of drawbar or artic. Our pass rates are not noticeably different on either.

If you haven’t yet booked, consider the Black Friday Crazy Offer (at the top of the threads). This will get you a full course with all the benefits of training with us for just £999 fully inclusive. I doubt if you will be able to beat that with a reputable trainer. Needs to be booked by this coming Monday. Spaces still available this side of Christmas as well.

Hi Pete.

Hope you are well, you guys were actually my number 1 people to come too however with it being so close to Xmas and having to book accommodation I’ve had to shop around a little to get a deal that suits my budget. I have however passed your number on to a few of the lads I’m in the military with so hopefully you can get some custom from them!

All the best buddy

Thanks for that. Much appreciated. Just to point out that you could do this over a weekend with an accommodation cost around £65 total. If you let me know where you’re located, I’ll try and point you towards a good trainer who is local to you.