Driving c+e 3 days after passing test?

Hi all. Long time lurked 1st time poster lol

Quick question if someone wouldn’t mind helping… I passes my class 1 on Thursday and tonight (45mins) I start my new job but am I legally allowed to drive right away when I haven’t recieved my licence back?
All I can find on dvla site is once dvla have received your licence you can drive but because the test examiner is sending mine away for me I don’t know if they would have received it yet (doubtful)

My first night is out with another driver so i might not HAVE to drive just asking incase the opportunity arises tonight…

Many thanks,
Dave

P.s. sorry if this has been asked before, I did do a little search before posting but couldn’t find anything and I’ve left it until last minute to ask lol

You passed the test and got a certificate so yes you’re legally allowed to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue estate:
You passed the test and got a certificate so yes you’re legally allowed to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for the fast response, much appreciated.

Dave

you can also drive under section 88

I take it your new employer know you have just passed

animal:
you can also drive under section 88

I take it your new employer know you have just passed

Thanks for the reply.
Just done a quick search on section 88 but only found something about high risk drivers… Will have a better look tomorrow, been a long night lol

Yup employer knows I just passed but i wanted to double check anyway as i assumed it would be my fine and points if it wasn’t legal…

I drove for the first 2 hours so I’m glad I did ask on here to put my mind at ease.

Thanks
Dave

As long as you carry the pass certification with you .

I was out in one the next day after passing [emoji106]

Same with me, took pass certicate into work on day of test.

“Here’s the keys. Your going to x,y and z tomorrow”

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone.

It’s all just a little overwhelming since I’ve only had 1 previous hgv (class 2) driving job which ended after 3 weeks (company went into administration)

This new job is working 6 6 4 shifts all night work. The other drivers told me that hardest part by far is keeping inline with driving hours/rest hours. The drivers last night both tried to explain how these shift patterns work but between driving for first time, not knowing where I was going, driving in the dark, taking in lots of info about locations and roads to avoid etc etc I just didn’t take much at all in. too much going on…

If anyone can offer any advice / links that would help make sense of the laws regarding these shift patterns it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Dave

Truxx:
Thanks everyone.

It’s all just a little overwhelming since I’ve only had 1 previous hgv (class 2) driving job which ended after 3 weeks (company went into administration)

This new job is working 6 6 4 shifts all night work. The other drivers told me that hardest part by far is keeping inline with driving hours/rest hours. The drivers last night both tried to explain how these shift patterns work but between driving for first time, not knowing where I was going, driving in the dark, taking in lots of info about locations and roads to avoid etc etc I just didn’t take much at all in. too much going on…

If anyone can offer any advice / links that would help make sense of the laws regarding these shift patterns it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Dave

I have worked a 6 6 4 pattern before it is easy once you get into it but keep a diary or similar so you know what time start / finish driving hours that day/night weather 13 or 15 hour shift

You will do a short week ( 4 ) as you will need this to make up hours for 2 previous yes it can & does work

Thanks for the reply animal.

Well I decided not to go ahead with this job afterall (may regret this if I can’t find other work lol)
I didn’t really like doing 6 day weeks and definitely didn’t feel comfortable with night shift work as a new driver but figured I’d cope and get used to it quickly, but then we went back to the yard last night (4am) to do some reversing manoeuvres and I really messed it up. The yard is really dark (completely unlit) so when trying to reverse into a parking bay I couldn’t see anything in the mirrors so struggled badly parking up.
Even getting into the docking bays took me a few attempts but i did manage it but realised very quickly that reversing in the Dark is very different to doing in the daylight. It knocked my confidence so badly that i told the boss it wasn’t for me today :frowning: . Probably sounds silly to you experienced drivers but i just couldn’t cope lol

Thanks for the replys anyway much appreciated…
The search begins again for day work this time lol

Thanks
Dave

The reverse does get easier btw in day light & at night different again when it is raining/snowing

Where about in the North East are you ■■

Have sent you a pm

animal:
The reverse does get easier btw in day light & at night different again when it is raining/snowing

Have sent you a pm

Tbh I thought I had it mastered lol since I found it so easy on my driving lessons and test, but yeah last night it was dark and heavy rain and unlit yard and at the end of a 10hr shift so not the best conditions to practice in lol.

I have an interview with eddie stobbart on Thursday which involves assessment drive and manoeuvres so hopefully I’ll find it a little easier then in day light.
I’m in walker so only couple miles away from you by the looks of it.
Dave

Truxx:

animal:

Have sent you a pm

Tbh I thought I had it mastered lol since I found it so easy on my driving lessons and test, but yeah last night it was dark and heavy rain and unlit yard and at the end of a 10hr shift so not the best conditions to practice in lol.

I have an interview with eddie stobbart on Thursday which involves assessment drive and manoeuvres so hopefully I’ll find it a little easier then in day light.
I’m in walker so only couple miles away from you by the looks of it.
Dave

Driving test & lessons are nowt like the real world

You not that far from me depends what you looking for

Replied to your pm …