Class 1 training

Hi everyone.

Recently passed my class 2.

I’m looking into getting straight into my class 1 training. Would anyone recommend this? Or is it best to get experience on a Class 2?

Also the provider I went with on my class2 have quoted me £500 as I want to add on pass protection. This is just for peace of mind really as I struggled with my nerves even though I passed 1st time.

What are people’s thoughts.

Go straight for C+E unless you have work lined up but be ready to do anything when you pass

I wouldn’t go for the pass plus I struggle with nerves ( not allowed to take palms or anything due to other medication ) but didn’t need this

Did you use a broker or direct with company & who did you go with you are allowed to name btw

animal:
Go straight for C+E unless you have work lined up but be ready to do anything when you pass

I wouldn’t go for the pass plus I struggle with nerves ( not allowed to take palms or anything due to other medication ) but didn’t need this

Did you use a broker or direct with company & who did you go with you are allowed to name btw

Hi mate.

I’ve got a job lined up on class2 just awaiting my cpc card, however I’ve spoken to stobarts today and they have said they would take me on if I had my class1 with zero expierence.

I didn’t mate I self funded and paid myself, i only passed on the 19th October, and the same company (British hgv) have quoted me 1325 for my class 1. I just think with the pass plus it’s a fair old amount to shell out. I was hoping for maybe a slightly better deal than what they have offered considering i have done my cpc and class2 with them.However I was happy with Carl the instructor but saying that there isn’t any guarantee I will get him again.

Mattblues90:

animal:

Hi mate.

I’ve got a job lined up on class2 just awaiting my cpc card, however I’ve spoken to stobarts today and they have said they would take me on if I had my class1 with zero expierence.

I didn’t mate I self funded and paid myself, i only passed on the 19th October, and the same company (British hgv) have quoted me 1325 for my class 1. I just think with the pass plus it’s a fair old amount to shell out. I was hoping for maybe a slightly better deal than what they have offered considering i have done my cpc and class2 with them.However I was happy with Carl the instructor but saying that there isn’t any guarantee I will get him again.

I self funded nowt to do with that

Sound like a broker you went with & probably wouldn’t get same instructor as most stick to 1 or the other

That seems very expensive seems like they want you to do a full 5 days as well as test

Why don’t you speak to the sponsor Peter Smythe heard he is good may cost you a phone call or pm him

There are other good trainers on here as well

ChrisEnglish90:

animal:

Mattblues90:

animal:

Hi mate.

I self funded nowt to do with that

Sound like a broker you went with & probably wouldn’t get same instructor as most stick to 1 or the other

That seems very expensive seems like they want you to do a full 5 days as well as test

Why don’t you speak to the sponsor Peter Smythe heard he is good may cost you a phone call or pm him

There are other good trainers on here as well

I’d say the price is fair… with pstt it’s 1395 inc hotel etc…

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I would say the price is reasonable but call them and say you want the same instructor. If they can’t, why not? If that’s the main reason for going with them you want to know it will happen.

I did that with mine at PSTT but was happy waiting the extra couple of weeks to make it fit.

Just to confirm, our CE is your choice of drawbar or full size artic. All 1:1 tuition with a fully trained, registered and qualified instructor. We had the first private test centre in the UK so where you practice is where you test (very handy especially for CE reverse). The cost is £1395 fully inclusive of VAT, test fee, vehicle for test, accommodation if you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW. Pass Protection will fully fund 3 retests at a cost of £300.

For dates, please call the office 01623 555661. Please mention you’re a Trucknet user as the conversation is different.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing: