Whats the best sat nav for trucks.?

Recently passed cat c, got a job driving 18 tonner and now I no longer trust my sat nav.Does anyone have suggestions as to the best nav for trucks?

I’m not a driver right now, but will prepare. My friend is driving artic, and using only Google maps with bridges on it, and Waze. He’s planning ahead all route and then trying to set up the same for Waze. He had TomTom 6200, and many times he had troubles with that nav, so his opinion is wasted over £350.
Edit.
I shouldn’t say that, but my friends are making an application for phones, looks like Waze, but will have everything for lorry drivers like: all bridges, planning routes, no7.5t and 18t, parkings and recommended BnB, live traffic and more more, probably release date is about end of this year. If I’ll know something, will definitely post it somewhere on this forum.
Will be free for beta testing and then paid version but no idea how much they will want for it, but worth to wait

I use a Garmin Dezl 770 around London (Mount Pleasant region and South) and gets me around fine. It seems to generally find slightly faster routes compared to the TomTom equivalent when compared to other drivers doing the same routes at the same times - At times you do need to check the routing as it might get a bit creative and suggest using wider “Main Roads” compared to smaller minor roads that you can get a 7.5 Ton down…The traffic info is great too

Totally worth the price in my opinion

From since day one I been using TomTom 6250, if your a night driver than I recommend this sat nav because the live traffic is second to none, and it saved me loads of journey time when congested or closures from time to time, other than that maps are like just any other which require common sense and plan your route before hand.

To avoid traffic then the Tomtom 6200, 6250 or even maybe the older 6000 as its much better than any other I’ve tried. Jist make sure its the truck version esp if off Ebay as some people flog 600 series ones as 6000 and they not the same.

Garmin from memory uses the RDS TMS free traffic system which only covers large roads and seems very slow to react. Plus you need to be in a signal area.

For Snooper, thought they were expensive and didnt like the interface. Not sure about traffic as the one I had on a truck didnt have it available.

Whatever you get, make sure its got traffic built in not coming via a phone. Also ideally you want it built into the unit or charger cable not a seperate ariel as that no good if you moving trucks.

Personally I prefer the Tomtom 6200 as its quicker than the 6000. Its expensive yes, but a lot less hassle than trying to read maps when doing multidrop. I even use one on trunking to avoid

Re phone apps - there are a couple which get mentioned a lot although I forget their names. A few rave about them, some rave against them and they dont do live traffic. Think one is called copilot.

Also re phones - if the gov finally ban using your phone as a sat nav while driving, then they are stuffed. Plus having it in view can get get police attention and could take some proving that you wrrent using it illegally (6 points and traffic commisioner visit isn’t good).

I use the 620 pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have the Garmin Dezl 770 which I like not had any problems with it but then have used other Garmin prefer it to the tom tom my oersonal preference I also have a map with bridge sights on which I check if unsure

Common sense as well as reading the road & road signs

thanx for replies guys Ill probably go with Tom Tom as Im used to the interface.
:smiley:

So, I use the Co-Pilot app on a tablet with my phone’s mobile hotspot, specifically designed for trucks.

The software it uses is used in a lot of Sat Navs apparently.

It is very accurate with ETA, you can load many profiles, the traffic updates is very good and kitson a subscription of £8.99 per month.

That’s a lot of months before you get to the price of a dedicated device which will be way over 3 years old by that time and you might replace it then.

Cheers, Ben

I use the HGV XGoody. £40 from ebay. touch wood been ok so far. If it lasts a year then I`m happy.