Newbi

Hi all
Gonna dip my toe into the forum again, recently passed my class one and looking for advice on getting a start not worried about hours nights days etc.

My last dip into this pond didn’t end well lol I am no expert a true newbie whould like to give containers ago out of Southampton I did ask on hear before but got slammed by some of the more prolific posters how great they were and how unworthy I was too dare to drive on the road :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Im looking for advice not negativity

Don’t want to get off on the wrong foot but if you’ve nothing positive to say Keep it to your self as I’m not interested.

Look forward to some sound advice
Cheers all

Hi and welcome back. Firstly, sorry you didn’t have a good experience last time but hopefully better this time.

To answer your question, try local hauliers (in person works best rather than emails or phone). If you don’t get anywhere, try the big boys (Stobart, Wincanton). Those are often online applications and may not suit you geographically. If all else fails, go agency. You should get plenty at this time of year but expect it to go flat after Christmas.

Whatever you do, all the best with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

HGV Contrainer Drivrer (C+E/ Class 1)
Seafast Containers

Marchwood
£32,000 - £36,000 a year
Permanent
*** BASIC PAY £575 PER WEEK GUARANTEED, ON TARGET EARNINGS £700 BEFORE TAX/ NI ***

Due to continued expansion we are seeking full time permanent drivers to join our family owned container haulage operation, based in Marchwood Industrial Park.

Experience with containers is preferred but full training can be given.The working week is Monday - Friday with overtime available. Occasional nights out and early starts are required.

In return we offer good rates of pay, a generous bonus scheme and company pension.

Job Type: Permanent

Salary: £32,000.00 to £36,000.00 /year

indeed.co.uk/cmp/Seafast-Co … ss+1&vjs=3

Good luck with the job hunting. Don’t be put off by the negative comments thought. I started last year and when I made a mistake half the drivers sneered and couldnt wait to tell everyone what a useless toe rag the new guy was. Fortunately the other half will bend over backwards to help.