Tacho? What mode?

Jmarks1227:
What mode would you set your tacho to?

I come in the morning, find out what wagon I’m driving. Do my daily checks in another yard drive over to another yard. Then wait to get loaded 2-3 hours.
Usually sat watching YouTube browsing Facebook. So free to dispose of my time as I please til I’m called round to get loaded.

What mode would you have your tacho on for those 2-3 hours? Waiting time is unknown, could be an hour or could be 3-4

Being a bit pedantic but unless you’re free to leave the yard you’re not really free to dispose of your time as you please so technically it’s not rest but can be break.

You can put the tachograph on break or other work, technically you can’t use POA because you have no idea how long you will be waiting but to be honest no-ones ever likely to know that so please your self.

In situations like that I always put the tachograph on break, if the break is 3 hours or more it gives you a chance of doing a 15 hour shift (without using a reduced daily rest period) if you get held up and want to get home, it’s unlikely that anyone would know or care that you couldn’t really dispose of your time freely, so you can use whatever tachograph mode suits you really.