Class 2 West Midlands

As per the title really, new pass class 2 in the West Midlands. Has anyone got any recommendations for employers or agencies to try.

Many thanks Jack

:smiley: :smiley:

Where abouts in the West Midlands, its a big county.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, based in Walsall but willing to commute to an extent. Thanks

Pm sent.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I’ve done training in Birmingham and failed 2 tests from Garratts Green. As the figures go its the hardest test centre to pass from. There’s also lots of training centres in the area that don’t have access to a good reversing area and don’t have qualified instructors. The one I trained with I really can’t recommend. I’m saving up and hoping to try Peter Smythe in the new year.
Phone around and ask questions, go and visit and see what you think. Its my biggest regret that I didn’t research on here before I paid for my class 2 course.
Good luck

Nuttynora:
I’ve done training in Birmingham and failed 2 tests from Garratts Green. As the figures go its the hardest test centre to pass from. There’s also lots of training centres in the area that don’t have access to a good reversing area and don’t have qualified instructors. The one I trained with I really can’t recommend. I’m saving up and hoping to try Peter Smythe in the new year.
Phone around and ask questions, go and visit and see what you think. Its my biggest regret that I didn’t research on here before I paid for my class 2 course.
Good luck

He/she.Has already passed.And is looking for work

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Call driver hire and ask to speak to caz who is the owner. They will push you to go umbrella or ltd. for now don’t. Pertemps are hit and miss… staffline the same. Worth signing up for both anyway as they are massive agencies.

It won’t make you rich but will give you a start. Don’t expect the top jobs either.

Long term save up like crazy and do class 1 as a shed load of good class 1 jobs available. The best paying class 2 work required a class 1 license - it doesn’t make sense but it’s how it is.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for the replies all. Really appreciate the advice, does anyone have any experience of workchain Walsall or Tamworth branch. Seemed to be a fair few class 2 jobs on their website.

Thought I’d heard of Workchain before and now I remember it was for pension fraud by bosses.

recruiter.co.uk/news/2018/0 … ng-hearing

No idea what they are like but not sure I’d want to be signing up until its resolved incase they suddenly disappear (prob wont but never know).

Just assume any jobs on their sites dont exist and promises if “lots of work after xmas” is b/s. But if willing to start at 4am with last minute phone calls, then its worth it to get a start.

I have a feeling coop have a depot round Coventry if thats not too far. Hard work but they sometimes take new drivers. Also wondering if Brakes have any depots or other food people?

Pallet companies will sometimes takeon. They usually need class 2 drivers if the insurance will cover you. Are you remotely close to Cannock?

Dont turn down 7.5T work either as its a good starter.

Brakes are in Tamworth. Around that area there is load so of work. Xpo now have the Vw contract there doing all the service stuff. Easy job but nights. Euro car parts is also there - but it’s mainly class 1 l, although they do take class 2.

Not sure about co op but I know sainsvurys and tesco only take class 1. Which is daft as they have enough class 2 wagons to employ people who want to drive them rather than who whine about it.

Workchain owe me wages from two weeks ago, personally i wouldn’t bother.

Mainline and Asprays in willenhall,Poundland in Bilston GP batteries and Wedges galvanising in willenhall and K Transport.

trevHCS:
Thought I’d heard of Workchain before and now I remember it was for pension fraud by bosses.

recruiter.co.uk/news/2018/0 … ng-hearing

No idea what they are like but not sure I’d want to be signing up until its resolved incase they suddenly disappear (prob wont but never know).

Just assume any jobs on their sites dont exist and promises if “lots of work after xmas” is b/s. But if willing to start at 4am with last minute phone calls, then its worth it to get a start.

This is some serious ***. I’ve done some work for them, always paid on time (not always the amount per hour promised, though), don’t know about pensions since I didn’t work long enough to qualify (I opt out of these asap anyways). My experience was pretty much the same - last moment calls, get there (40 miles away), 1 day job, lots of promises for on-going work…I must’ve had about 8 or 9 single day jobs with them, called me 4-5 times for temp-to-perm, CV sent every time, never heard anything back. Also applied for 3-4 jobs advertised on their site, again nothing. They keep calling me every week asking about my availability and then nothing; I stopped answering the phone when it’s them and added their email address to spam.

Not bad if you’re desperate for work but not dependable at all. I forgot to add, you can set your available days on their webportal which they never seem to check and if they do they just change your whole week to ‘unavailable’ even if you tell them you’re available on weekends but not on week days). Sometimes one of them would call me (on a Monday) to find out when I’m available that week and then 15 mins later someone else from the same agency calls asking me the exact same thing, then they didn’t call for the rest of the week with any job offers while at the same time posting 2-3 new job adverts in my area every day.