Class 2 West Midlands

trevHCS:
Thought I’d heard of Workchain before and now I remember it was for pension fraud by bosses.

recruiter.co.uk/news/2018/0 … ng-hearing

No idea what they are like but not sure I’d want to be signing up until its resolved incase they suddenly disappear (prob wont but never know).

Just assume any jobs on their sites dont exist and promises if “lots of work after xmas” is b/s. But if willing to start at 4am with last minute phone calls, then its worth it to get a start.

This is some serious ***. I’ve done some work for them, always paid on time (not always the amount per hour promised, though), don’t know about pensions since I didn’t work long enough to qualify (I opt out of these asap anyways). My experience was pretty much the same - last moment calls, get there (40 miles away), 1 day job, lots of promises for on-going work…I must’ve had about 8 or 9 single day jobs with them, called me 4-5 times for temp-to-perm, CV sent every time, never heard anything back. Also applied for 3-4 jobs advertised on their site, again nothing. They keep calling me every week asking about my availability and then nothing; I stopped answering the phone when it’s them and added their email address to spam.

Not bad if you’re desperate for work but not dependable at all. I forgot to add, you can set your available days on their webportal which they never seem to check and if they do they just change your whole week to ‘unavailable’ even if you tell them you’re available on weekends but not on week days). Sometimes one of them would call me (on a Monday) to find out when I’m available that week and then 15 mins later someone else from the same agency calls asking me the exact same thing, then they didn’t call for the rest of the week with any job offers while at the same time posting 2-3 new job adverts in my area every day.