How many hours for Cat C training?

I have no experience, I do have C1 + E. So what’s a rought idea of the number of training hours for Cat C. I see one center offering 16 hours for £1000. I guess this is when it would be good to know someone with a artic?

ram_1979:
I have no experience, I do have C1 + E. So what’s a rought idea of the number of training hours for Cat C. I see one center offering 16 hours for £1000. I guess this is when it would be good to know someone with a artic?

Generally it will be a course over 5 days with the test on day 5
That can be all day with 2 trainees training together or half days with 1 trainee

Check out the link in my signature below if not done so already

The thing is, that seems very little training to allow you to drive such a large vehicle. I am assuming CAT C + E training will be more extensive.

Any old ■■■■ or harry could be on the road in a few weeks after only ever had driving a car before.

ram_1979:
The thing is, that seems very little training to allow you to drive such a large vehicle. I am assuming CAT C + E training will be more extensive.

Any old ■■■■ or harry could be on the road in a few weeks after only ever had driving a car before.

CE can be less hours but is usually the same

Most going for LGV have quite a bit of recent car/van driving
Remember you are not a first time road learner - that happened when you did car test
LGV vehicles do not have dual controls for that reason - you know how to steer and brake etc

If you feel that your current on-road experience is not up to par then go for an advanced car driving course first

Good advice regarding the advanced driving course - thanks.

The last question, I looked into LGV training briefly years ago and seem to remember costs such as £10-20k to both train for, pass and hence obtain you licence, possibly in the days before CPC also.

Now really your looking at around £1500 AFAICS, including CPC, 16 hours training, medical and whatever other costs, so where did I get these numbers such as £10k from. Am I missing something here?

To do both C and CE I suggest you have £3k to hand for everything