First Job

kcrussell25:

Tseal:

sammym:
A few things:

1. There is no too long or too short. Your job is to deliver stuff safely. If you get it there without damaging it or anything else the words they are looking for is “cheers” or “thank you”.

2. Don’t take breaks in bus stops. It’s totally out of order to bus drivers. Relax, slow down and take them in plenty of time. It also makes you look like a knob to the public.

3. You are the captain and you set the rules. Not the company; not the agency. You are responsible so you control your working day,

Nice one on the week away! You have done something I’ve not done. Kudos for having the balls to accept the job.

Yes that is the attitude I basically drove around living in fear of being told off but I really need to get over that.

I just worry about not getting agency work.

Sammy is correct in what he says.

How much work will you get if you rush, have an accident and damage the truck?

If you don’t take your breaks, get caught and fined how many shifts are you working for “free” to pay it? Same principle if you got a ticket for stopping in the bus stop.

Once you have some experience you will start getting more options. Even this week will make a difference as it shows that you can take a truck out and bring it back. The first job is always the hardest

Appreciate the advice as ime new I need to take it slowly at first.