Wannabe driver in desperate need of advice!

In the 2 years I’ve been a] driving and b] looking at the vacancy demographic I can say that 99% of job vacancies are agency promoted positions. 75% of that is class 1. Class 2 might earn you a flat £10/hour (no o/t bonus except for he weekend) and class 1 might get you 12 (as an agency driver). Agencies tend to regularly regurgitate the same jobs as they are so ■■■■ no-one stays that long. They tend to be home delivery jobs/heavy handball. High injury risk jobs where YOU won’t get paid if you’r off injured. Avoid. You’ll also see a ■■■■ load of turn-over of agency companies. It’s because the industry is now saturated with the leeches and there aren’t enough jobs to go round. That means pay rates are depressed. It also means there are a lot of ■■■■■■■■■ with no credibility. I would urge you to to research every agency before even applying for a job. Would you like to work for a week then find the ■■■■■■■■■■ you enrolled with have dodged their obligation to pay you? Even the logical recruitment solutions of this world are not immune to ineptitude. And that’s why they are without another driver :slight_smile:
But I digress.
My current job is a 17 plate 18T actros tramping kitchens to everywhere. It’s by far the best job I’ve ever had despite the utter ■■■■■■■ I’ve had to share a cab with, the regular 15 hour days and the 60 mile round trip to work and back. As it happens I drive my last run this sunday as I’m ■■■■■■■ sick to the back teeth of all the ■■■■ that I have no control over. Oh, and I’ve dumped the agent as well.
I’d suggest you set up email alerts from the main job sites. You’ll see quite how much ■■■■ you’re up against.