London lorry ban roads?

Hey all and thanks for answering.

I’m a relatively new driver and very rarely do London runs at night, however had a one off a couple of nights ago to convent garden Market from Maidstone leaving Maidstone at approx 23:00 with a artic. My original plan was to take the A2 and go Blackheath Hill way as looked the most direct route however manager said u will get a £750 fine if u get that route, go S circular, avoid the bridge at tulse hill, follow it to the A24 and go up to Clapham and up lambert Road and u will see it eventually on ur left, however was told to go back the same way but the bridge diversion at tulse hill is a one way system and its not as simple to go around east bound on the A205. Asked another driver what’s the best option and he said head towards the Oval and basically follow it to the A20 which which till join onto the M20.

Before I set off we have a map of the restrictions at night on a wall (same map if u Google London lorry ban map) and asked our trainer and asked what roads are banned and the response I got was study the map, the issue I had was the route I went on the way once you get off the a205 all the roads on this map are restricted so how the hell are you supposed to get to places. I said to him the roads you told me to go after the A205 are restricted but his response was just study the map but I guess he didnt even know the answer.
I’ve added a pic of where convent garden is and there is no way to it or am I completely missing something here?

I just want to be prepared next time I have this or any other route :slight_smile:

I would not fully trust the map as it is not entirely accurate, for example according to the map the A312 has no night weight restrictions when it does. :open_mouth:

It’s the “U” will be fined that worries me. London is a ■■■■ hole and the night bans are probably not even legal. If the company doesn’t help you, go the way you feel safe with

Have a look at this, LLRA 4+
Compliant routing made simple
PIE MAPPING SOFTWARE LTD

App for route planning on contolled roads in London with live traffic