Class 1 training with modern tractor and 3 axle 13 m trailer

I’m looking for anyone around the Sheffield area who’se got a regular class 1 rig to get a few hours in. I’ve not done any for two years and don’t feel confident going straight back into it.
Anyone any ideas?

Book a refresher course with trainer… Couple of hours and you’ll be sorted.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

HELLO!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Whoever you go to - insist they make you do some real reversing. I’m talking a bay if possible or even going to the services and sticking it in a parking space. And then between two other units. Ask them for some easy ones to show how you’d set it up for a normal RDC and then ask for some tricks ones where there is not enough room to get yourself lined up nicely.

Going forward isn’t that tricky. And coupling is pretty much a noddy exercise. I’d focus on getting it going backwards.

sammym:
Whoever you go to - insist they make you do some real reversing. I’m talking a bay if possible or even going to the services and sticking it in a parking space. And then between two other units. Ask them for some easy ones to show how you’d set it up for a normal RDC and then ask for some tricks ones where there is not enough room to get yourself lined up nicely.

Going forward isn’t that tricky. And coupling is pretty much a noddy exercise. I’d focus on getting it going backwards.

Quite.

And Mr Smythe, I was waiting for you. I’ve passed your sled plenty on my travels to Chesterfield. I draw your attention to the quote(r). He is quite right, and that’s what I want to focus on. Bays I didn’t have ‘much’ of a problem with but service stations: oy vay!

I did 2 weeks at tesco middlebank less than a month after passing my class 1 and I can assure you that was enough to put anyone off. I’ve focused on roadcraft in class 2 since then now get really depressed when I walk past artics lined up in every truckstop.

Tibshelf Services beckons.

Apologies for the none-answer. Rang you orifice last week and got a quote for an hourly. I’ll take the cost into consideration.

That’s fair. But take the quality into consideration as well!