Career change

Hi guys, I’m after someone to point me in the right direction. I’m currently working as a bus driver, but it’s not my thing. I’m looking to do 7.5t work then go for my class 1. I currently have my bus cpc and 21 hours towards my next cpc, but on my cpc card it says 7.5t expired in 2014. What will I have to do to get it upgraded to include 7.5t?

waterlicked:
Hi guys, I’m after someone to point me in the right direction. I’m currently working as a bus driver, but it’s not my thing. I’m looking to do 7.5t work then go for my class 1. I currently have my bus cpc and 21 hours towards my next cpc, but on my cpc card it says 7.5t expired in 2014. What will I have to do to get it upgraded to include 7.5t?

Are your current 21 hours approved for both PCV & LGV :question:
If yes then you just need to do 14 more
If no then you need to do 35 approved for both

My current cpc was done through the bus company so i think bus only. I’ve seen something somewhere about adr training with cpc updates. Would this help if I did the weeks course?

If you do it with a provider who can upload CPC credits then full ADR (std course) will give you 28 hours for the trucks so you’d just need 1 more day, eg tachos.

Plus you get a useful qualification for getting a job without it costing much more than the CPC alone. I know our lot always need ADR for fulltime or agency drivers (class 2 and 1).

Theres quite a few companies who do the CPC thing with ADR including the forum sponsor who has a really good tutor.