Well, I failed my Class 2

As the title says, I failed my Class 2 at on the 5th October and I was really gutted about it.

I was only 7 minutes away from Greenham Common DVSA center when it happened.

-A339 Burger king roundabout, I straddled slightly the lane to go across.

I did mirror, mirror, signal, blind spot, maneuver. I was across the roundabout, a woman and her rubbish Fiat decided to go so fast round, she had to stop. I got a serious.

• A339 near Tesco.

As I got in the correct the correct lane, mirror mirror, blind spot, clear right, clear in front, clear right, I decided to proceed then out of no where, a stupid woman and her stupid Audi A1 literally bombed round, I was forced to stop and so did she.

I feel that I should of passed(And my instructor felt I should of passed) only 7 minutes from the test center, as I was the last test for the day BUT this examiner is one of those ‘by the book’ examiners and was so hated at Reading Car DVSA test centre by instructors and examiners, they moved him to Newbury.

It took me ages saving up for this and to find the money again this side of Christmas will be hard, but try, try again I say.

As James Mays once said, the best drivers pass 2nd time.

I might choose another Test centre to avoid him as ‘THIS’ examiner has a reputation for just failing people well over 5 times.

Lawrence1993:
I might choose another Test centre to avoid him as ‘THIS’ examiner has a reputation for just failing people well over 5 times.

sorry to hear that mate I think I know the examiner your on about as I took my class 2 with him at Abingdon and then I was told I’d have him for class 1 at green ham but I had a examiner that was covering holiday there was two there that day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did this examiners name begin with a ‘S’ by any chance?

Lawrence1993:
Did this examiners name begin with a ‘S’ by any chance?

possibly mate I’m trying to remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if he was a midget and from Barbados, thats him.

And get this, the midget from Barbados examiner used to examine students when my dad was a Cat B instructor in Reading, so my Dad was pretty ■■■■■■ off so I feel it was biased against me during the test as I feel he wanted to fail me because of that.

When I do it again next year, I will ask for a different examiner because he was biased.

Has anyone else on TruckNet had a problem at the Greenham Common DVSA Test Center?

If so, what was your experience like?

Lawrence1993:
As the title says, I failed my Class 2 at on the 5th October and I was really gutted about it.

I was only 7 minutes away from Greenham Common DVSA center when it happened.

-A339 Burger king roundabout, I straddled slightly the lane to go across.

I did mirror, mirror, signal, blind spot, maneuver. I was across the roundabout, a woman and her rubbish Fiat decided to go so fast round, she had to stop. I got a serious.

• A339 near Tesco.

As I got in the correct the correct lane, mirror mirror, blind spot, clear right, clear in front, clear right, I decided to proceed then out of no where, a stupid woman and her stupid Audi A1 literally bombed round, I was forced to stop and so did she.

I feel that I should of passed(And my instructor felt I should of passed) only 7 minutes from the test center, as I was the last test for the day BUT this examiner is one of those ‘by the book’ examiners and was so hated at Reading Car DVSA test centre by instructors and examiners, they moved him to Newbury.

It took me ages saving up for this and to find the money again this side of Christmas will be hard, but try, try again I say.

As James Mays once said, the best drivers pass 2nd time.
[/quote]

Am not sure i agree with that statement tbh

PS Go for it again and good luck

Sounds like you are trying to blame someone else for you failing. You are the one controlling the pedals and the steering wheel no one else. Chin up and good luck for the next one.

Lawrence1993:
When I do it again next year, I will ask for a different examiner because he was biased.

Not a chance that you will be able to do that, so your only option is to use a different DTC.

Both those roundabouts have pretty good lines of vision, maybe just maybe, the examiner could see those cars approaching and expected you to be able to do so as well…If the vehicle really wasn’t in sight then its not a fault but unless your instructor was there how the hell do they know? They get your version of events and as your their client guess which way their bias is leaning?

A lot of drivng test candidates start all those observations when the gap is there in front of them, which is too late as by the time you’ve finished them the safe emerge gap is gone or rapidly closing.

Like someone eles has posted you failed and are trying blame others.

The test has to be absolute to an extent you make someone slow down or change direction its a fail.

Well it depends how you slow them down , its upto the examiner likewise for kissing the curb but for stuff like that just avoid it totally

Goodluck try again not the end of the world

You failed because other drivers had to slow not because of your examiner, learn from it and move on. I failed Class 2 first time as I clipped a curb, nobody to blame except myself but I made certain I learnt from it.

I was already on the roundabout when it happened though, that’s my point, I was on the roundabout.

This examiner will fail you on anything, he is notorious for it and he has been reported before.

I am going to go for it again but it will be next year but it is always the money side of things, I’d rather get 3 minors for undue hesitation than fail it again(I did get two minors for undue). Overall I got 10 minors, don’t know whether to consider that bad or good, my reversing was perfect I thought, no minors for that.

Driving round Thatcham was quite easy though, I thought the actual driving test was easy compared to all the theory.

The DAF auto gearbox is quite slow to react to things, I put my foot down and it takes about 2 seconds to move.

Forced to stop twice on two different roundabouts? Once you get over your disappointment I would really think about your technique then practice, practice. practice. Be prepared to wait as long as necessary for a gap big enough.

Like I tell everyone if your short of money join a bus firm do that for a year training license will be free fall as much as you want take as many hours as you need.

After your years up do the class 2 and you will pass the test blind folded

I know that with Stagecoach here in London it’s 2 years. But it’s a sliding scale though. Like, after a year you only have to pay back half.