SAT NAV

Any recommendations for a decent & cheap sat nav?

Been away from driving for 10 years & been using my map books last few weeks. Which I prefer to be totally honest. Dying skill.

Suppose I should move with times.

Latest xgody around £ 30
Or a used tomtom with trucks
Google maps for traffic .

Beetlejuice:
Latest xgody around £ 30
Or a used tomtom with trucks
Google maps for traffic .

cheers

People seem to get on ok with those xgody ones.

I bought a Jimwey 7" from amazon, used it for three days and just lost confidence with it.
2 reasons, it lost connection to the satellites for 30 minutes one day. Mebbe it was too overcast and cloudy, dunno. But it’s not a nice feeling to be lost with 20 drops still to do. Then it jut reconnected. No clue why.
Second reason, I missed a turn, centre of London, and it took me on a half mile round trip so I could turn around a roundabout to get back to where I needed to be. I could have EASILY done a right, right, right, left, and been back on course in 2 minutes rather than 15.

I bought a tomtom trucker 6000 from one of TNs members. Good price, not let me down yet.
Sometimes cheap is not always better, although it CAN be a good start point.

Car one with live traffic (would always recommend Tomtom myself) would likely do, although just remember it’ll be in Stobbies mode so will happily lead you towards low bridges without a care in the world. Not helpful when someone decided to make trailers 16’ and average bridges 14’, although eyeball v1 still works there.

Alternatively, Tomtom Trucker 6000 (make sure it’s the truck version) should be available on Ebay second hand although you might end up in A&E if you see the price of them. Unless you want to splash the cash and get the 6200 which is basically the same but faster processor, but most will be new and we might need to call the coroner when you see the price! :slight_smile:

Other thing you might want is a dashcam - Nextbase 512G should be available for a reasonable price now as it’s been superseded but is still a ■■■■ good model.

If you have a standard car sat nav (tomtom) you can call them up and say you’re looking to upgrade as you’re a hgv driver, they’ll ask for the serial and give you 25% off… I got the lifetime traffic / maps hgv tomtom 6250 down from 389.99 to 292.49 including a free case worth 24.99

yeah…Jimwey seem to get a bad write up. Cheap (zb) from China i suppose you get what you pay for.

Also seen prices of Tomtom for HGV :open_mouth:

Trying to keep up with technology & making my job easier by buying one gadget per week. Cigarette connection phone charger, Bluetooth earphone etc. Buying an TomTom HGV would wipe out my weekly take home…

trucknavs.co.uk/shop/sat-navs/7 … -sat-navs/
You’ll not go far wrong with one of these…
Used one for a good while then sold it to a member on here,only got rid due to getting a TomTom on the cheap

xichrisxi:
https://trucknavs.co.uk/shop/sat-navs/7-inch-sat-navs/7-sat-navs/
You’ll not go far wrong with one of these…
Used one for a good while then sold it to a member on here,only got rid due to getting a TomTom on the cheap

Cheers looks good.

One bad thing about tomtoms…if you leave the windscreen mount in a truck overnight and it goes missing? :blush:
costs you 30 quid for a new one.

Guys any sat nav for andriod mobile?

TruckDriverBen:
Guys any sat nav for andriod mobile?

I hve seen people post about this one…
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … s&hl=en_GB
Can’t comment meself, never used it. Could be ok if that’s the way you want to go :slight_smile:

Or if REALLY…want to splash the cash, the TomTom 6250

Register on tge tom tom website site .Wait for offers if you want a 6250 .I got mine with case very cheap …